Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any tips for a newbie theme maker?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Any tips for a newbie theme maker?
    As the title says...
    Any themers out there have any tips or advice or anything of that nature for a newbie that's starting to make themes?

same here. pretty good at photo shop need to know where to start.!

I found a program called 2G Themer which is pretty useful so far I guess; it's base to make a skin. I'm creating themes too as a n00b D:

Same here, I've been mixing and matching themes to get what i want and I've got a pretty good understanding of where most of the files are and how they work with winterboard. A good place to start would be to get that stock ios4 theme that is on the first page of the forum right now, that way at least you know where all the files are located and what they change. What I would like would be some guide on the photoshop end of things.

Thanks

i would say download some templates first, get to kno the files , there sizes and names and how to install them manually , after that, you should be ready to give it a go and you would be good!

thats the biggie right there!!templates!thts what we all need..all i want to figure out/or learn is how to make the ui and such!