Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iP4 theme slider w/o Winterboard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iP4 theme slider w/o Winterboard
    I'm trying to change the slider on my iP4 without using Winterboard...

From what I've worked out so far, I need to replace bottombarknobgray.png in com.apple.telephonyui but that hasn't worked, even after reboot...

Anyone shed any light please?

Cheers

Are you SSHing into your phone? You may have to change the permissions to 775 (I believe).

If I may ask, is there a reason you're deciding not to use Winterboard? Also, be sure to back up any files you change in case you want to revert it back, otherwise only a restore of the phone will undo your theme.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2010-08-02 at 05:02 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Checked permissions using iFile - all fine, still no beans...

Didn't want to install Winterboard as that was the only bit I wanted to theme but think I might now anyway...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhilStone View Post
    I'm trying to change the slider on my iP4 without using Winterboard...

From what I've worked out so far, I need to replace bottombarknobgray.png in com.apple.telephonyui but that hasn't worked, even after reboot...

Anyone shed any light please?

Cheers
    All iPhoone 4 images that are in the app folders and stuff have changed size and name so if you have bottombarknobgray.png the new name for the iphone 4 is [email protected]

they are different sizes also so you have to edit them uisng photoshop or gimp and save them using the new names

as soon as you go into the folders of the png you want to change you will see all the images with @2x.png at the end of them they are the ones you want to use for your iPhone 4

hope this helps
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

PhilStone (2010-08-03)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool, thanks - do you know what the sizes need to be?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PhilStone View Post
    Cool, thanks - do you know what the sizes need to be?

Cheers
    I second this question. I've just started to look for information regarding the new naming. Is there a place where the names are given for the files in ios4?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just looked at the existing slider and its 142*94

Slightly off topic, but I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out how to set up Tap to Unlock on my iPhone 4 with high-res graphics without using Winterboard. Finally figured it out. This community has been so amazing I figured I should try and give something back. Here's the rundown:

Download "Tap To Unlock" from Cydia. I don't understand what this does but it seems to be part of the process.

Use the files I attached, there's a Readme.txt that tells you where to put them, original files in case you screw up, and a Photoshop template to make your own images as well.

Hope this helps someone as much as all the other information this community has put out helped me.

-B
    Attached Files Attached Files

Worked perfect!!!! Made my own custom taps