Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Theme Question

Default iPhone 4 Theme Question
    For some reason the theme I made for my iOS 4.0 jailbroken 3GS will not fully work on my iPhone 4. The text balloons, and dialer don't even show up as the new ones.

Anyone heard of this issue and how to fix it?

I believe winterboard needs to be updated for the higher res icons.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    I believe winterboard needs to be updated for the higher res icons.
    hi i was having the same problem and i was looking in the folders for the images that are not working on the iPhone 4 and saw that all the pngs have another png that says @2x.png after the name

so when i edited FolderBG.png to the correct size and renamed it [email protected] and put it in winterboard it themed just fine

so it looks like alot of images that are in the iphone 4 folders are gonna have to be put at the correct size and file name ...

i have a long night ahead of me to complete my current setup...

hope this helps
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

JoeyB (2010-08-02)

Quote Originally Posted by Ice9812 View Post
    hi i was having the same problem and i was looking in the folders for the images that are not working on the iPhone 4 and saw that all the pngs have another png that says @2x.png after the name

so when i edited FolderBG.png to the correct size and renamed it [email protected] and put it in winterboard it themed just fine

so it looks like alot of images that are in the iphone 4 folders are gonna have to be put at the correct size and file name ...

i have a long night ahead of me to complete my current setup...

hope this helps
    I tried that with my sms theme and it changed the colors at first, but then just kicked them back to normal.

Yeah winterboard will need a major update before we're theming our iPhone 4's with no problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SGAW_Orion View Post
    I tried that with my sms theme and it changed the colors at first, but then just kicked them back to normal.
    i have been working on all my images for the last 2 hours and the 30 or so i have done are all working with no issues on my iPhone 4

all my images in the chatkit folder are working fine using winterboard
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

I am using winterboard and I redid the images, but when sms loads up it shows the new images but once it loads it goes back to the default.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SGAW_Orion View Post
    I am using winterboard and I redid the images, but when sms loads up it shows the new images but once it loads it goes back to the default.
    Double check your images and file names and the folder you have it in winterboard bc as far as I can see winterboard is working perfect for me so far on my iPhone 4. It's prolly some small detail you are missing

anyone know how to change the status bar on iphone4?
    THANK OR DIE

Anyone else having problems with springboard? It keeps putting me in safe mode.

Finally got it working!!! What do you guys think about this?

^^looks ok im not so into avatar but how did you get it to work dude?

thats good, but whatd u do to get it to work? and how bout ur SMS theme?

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    ^^looks ok im not so into avatar but how did you get it to work dude?

If you look at that pic you can see what images I had to make, what I found out with the iPhone 4 is you have to make a second image for each one with twice the resolution, ex. first image 108x69, second image has to be 216x138. As far as the names go, ex. addcontact.png first one, [email protected] for second one.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SGAW_Orion For This Useful Post:

Skunkie-71 (2010-09-12)

any idea on the statusbar?
    THANK OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post
    any idea on the statusbar?
    If I'm not mistaken it's an image called lcd_top.png, and it goes in the <your theme>/bundles/com.apple.springboard folder.

Hope that helps

Oh wow okay so looks like double maybe tripple the work for themers an modders...

So what about the folder bg and multitask bar?
    Last edited by DA_GHOST; 2010-08-03 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by DA_GHOST View Post
    Oh wow okay so looks like double maybe tripple the work for themers an modders...

So what about the folder bg and multitask bar?
    folderbg is FolderIconBG.png
    and the image for the expanded folder is FolderSwitcherBG.png which also doubles as the multitask bar background.

These will go in your com.apple.springboard folder.

That's not it for the status bar. There's not even a image called that in springboard

Thanks for tring though
    Last edited by stereo313; 2010-08-03 at 02:51 AM.

Anyone found a way to edit this screen yet?

My new screen pops up at first then once it finishes loading it just defaults back to the original one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast