Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to remove themed icon labels

Default How to remove themed icon labels
    Hi,

after upgrading to iOS 4, my themed icons show labels when they shouldn't. Now if I activate "No undocked icon labels", my themed labels are ok again, but of course I lose the labels of all non-themed icons at the same time...

On OS 3.x, everything looked how it was supposed to be. The themed icons didn't have labels, the normal icons had labels.

I have attached an image of the top part of my home screen. One can easily see that the icons still have their labels. How can I correct this without losing the labels of the non-themed icons?

Thanks!!!!!

Taucher

Quote Originally Posted by Taucheranzug View Post
    Hi,

after upgrading to iOS 4, my themed icons show labels when they shouldn't. Now if I activate "No undocked icon labels", my themed labels are ok again, but of course I lose the labels of all non-themed icons at the same time...

On OS 3.x, everything looked how it was supposed to be. The themed icons didn't have labels, the normal icons had labels.

I have attached an image of the top part of my home screen. One can easily see that the icons still have their labels. How can I correct this without losing the labels of the non-themed icons?

Thanks!!!!!

Taucher
    copy and paste this into notepad

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0"><dict>

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent</string>
    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent</string>

</dict></plist>

now save as Info.plist on your desktop ...ssh into your iphone and place or replace this file in the theme folder you want the lables to be transparant in