Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: G.O.C pro - can't set custom wallpaper

Default G.O.C pro - can't set custom wallpaper
    Hi I recently upgraded to ios4, and jailbroke my 3GS. I reinstalled the G.O.C. Pro Theme that I had running prior to upgrading, and I selected user wallpaper and user lockscreen in winterboard and dragged them above G.O.C. Pro - But it still is showing the stock wallpaper; I selected the wallpaper I wanted within the Settings app - what am I doing wrong ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is a user wallpaper 4.0 and user lockscreen 4.0 available. Apparently a needed file went missing. User lockscreen 4.0 works fine for me but user wallpaper 4.0 is pulling in my lockscreen pic at the moment. Am on the hunt for a solution. Will keep you posted.

Apparently I am ignorant and it is supposed to use our lockscreen image. Will let you know when I find something that pulls in my wallpaper image.
    Last edited by Suevans; 2010-08-03 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suevans For This Useful Post:

Rexrw (2010-08-18)

I saved the wallpaper I wanted on my computer. I accessed my iphone via Winscp, opened Var, Stash, Themes and opened the GOC Pro Theme folder. I copied the wallpaper I wanted into the folder and renamed it LockBackground.png. It overwrote the file. Close session and respring your phone. Your lockscreen image will change.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anneka234b For This Useful Post:

Suevans (2010-08-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks, worked like a charm.

I did all these steps and it was going fine until I tried to rename my file, once I copied it. I tried to rename it so it would over write the existing png, but it wouldn't let me over write it. Any reason why?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default must rename original file
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexrw View Post
    I did all these steps and it was going fine until I tried to rename my file, once I copied it. I tried to rename it so it would over write the existing png, but it wouldn't let me over write it. Any reason why?
    Yes, at least with ifile you must rename the original file. It won't allow you to rename something if the name you are using is already taken. Because I am such a noob I have been renaming the original to xx.png.bak and leaving it where it is. I've found that this way if something goes wrong I can just delete my new file and remove the .bak from the original and I am back where I started. I rename my original with .bak and then rename my modded file to the original file name. Seems to work well for me. Good luck!