Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper goes black when opening ios4 folders?

Question Wallpaper goes black when opening ios4 folders?
    When running stock, everything works as normal when opening a folder:

-Springboard wallpaper splits; springboard icons and wallpaper dim.

When I apply any theme, however, the folder action seems to have a bug. The screen splits, but my springboard wallpaper disappears. The icons dim as normal but the wallpaper goes black. When closing the folder there is a bit of a pause as my wallpaper reappears.

It's maddening. Anyone deal with this?
    Can't keep my hands off my iPhone...

mine does the same, thought it was normal, but now i'm thinking it's not. I also wonder what's causing this and what can be done?

its a winterboard bug probably saurik will fix it for the next update

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
    its a winterboard bug probably saurik will fix it for the next update
    Yep, in the mean time you can just save the png and put it into the default wallpaper folder and just number it to the next consequetive number. Then go to settings>wallpaper and set it there. Don't forget to rename or delete Wallpaper.png in your (winterboard)theme.

KJ

Has anyone figured this problem out yet? I don't think its an issue with WinterBoard, I think its got to do with a new file name such as homebackground.jpg instead of wallpaper.png. The problem is I can't figure out where to place this file in my theme...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Imagine09; 2010-08-15 at 08:20 AM.
    Nobody told me that there would be days like these, strange days indeed...www.imagine09.com

It's wallpaper.png that is doing it (winterboard) so to fix remove the wallpaper.png from the theme you are using.

If you are using widgets currently you need wallpaper.png so they will show (native wallpaper shows on top of widgets) so you will have to live with it till it's fixed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rocky5 For This Useful Post:

a.alvarado006 (2010-08-23)

Quote Originally Posted by kingjust View Post
    Yep, in the mean time you can just save the png and put it into the default wallpaper folder and just number it to the next consequetive number. Then go to settings>wallpaper and set it there. Don't forget to rename or delete Wallpaper.png in your (winterboard)theme.

KJ
    It's so annoying. I've removed the wallpaper and lockscreen background from my theme but where is the "Default wallpaper folder" mentionned above?

Default Wallpaper turn black when opening folders
    I have the same problem on my ipod touch 2g, everything works perfectly fine, but everytime I open a folder the wallpaper turns black, has anybody found a way to fix this yet??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ipod-photo-1.png   -ipod-photo-2.png  

it was mentioned above bro. remove the wallpaper.png from your themes folder. wallpaper.png is usually needed for a widget to run off a wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    it was mentioned above bro. remove the wallpaper.png from your themes folder. wallpaper.png is usually needed for a widget to run off a wallpaper.

Yes but if I do that my wallpaper will turn default black completely not just when I open a folder..I have an Ipod touch 2g, and it does not support homescreen wallpaper with the 4.2.1 firmware, that is why I have the wallpaper.png on my theme folder so that it will replace the default black homescreen, but I was wondering if there is anyway that my wallpaper wont turn black whenever I open a folder

Quote Originally Posted by DOHKO View Post
    Yes but if I do that my wallpaper will turn default black completely not just when I open a folder..I have an Ipod touch 2g, and it does not support homescreen wallpaper with the 4.2.1 firmware, that is why I have the wallpaper.png on my theme folder so that it will replace the default black homescreen, but I was wondering if there is anyway that my wallpaper wont turn black whenever I open a folder
    Hmm, i think theres a fix for something for that in cydia? I swear i;ve seen something about that b4..not sure bro but good luck with that

"User Wallpaper" in cydia i think..or something along those lines
    Last edited by ekidd; 2011-02-17 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by DOHKO View Post
    im not sure if this will work for you, but it does for my iphone 3gs. give it a go and find out.

1. open the image you want to use as a wallpaper in photoshop (or any good photo edit program). make sure that the image is at 320x480 and save it as "101.png" (without the quotations" and is set to "interlaced" (when you save the file).

2. open a new file in photoshop etc making it 75x75. now drag over the image (or any other image you wish to use) and re-size if needed. now save this image as "101.thumbnail.png" and again make sure its saved as "interlaced".

3. open your SSH browser (WinSHH or Cyberduck) and navigate to "private/var/stash/Wallpaper.xxxxx/iPhone". now copy and paste the two files you made earlier to this folder.

4. respring you iphone/ipod.

5. go to "Settings" on your "Home page" and select "Wallpaper". click on the phone image, select "Wallpaper" and you should then be able to see the thumbnail image that you made in step 2. press it and press "Set Home Screen". when it's finished saving, press the home button to exit out.

and your done.

this method also works for the lockscreen. and no need for html coding.

if if still doesn't work, then you can try and delete the "com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.0" to "com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.3" files found in "private/var/mobile/Library/Caches" folder. deleting these files will not brick your iphone/ipod. after you have deleted these files, respring your iphone/ipod.
    Last edited by oldgit9; 2011-04-08 at 06:00 AM.

Opps....posted something I thought was right....but it was not.
    Last edited by galaxygrrl; 2011-04-10 at 07:24 AM.

It Wont work, he does not support homescreen wallpaper, What you are trying to do is set a thumbnail in the native settings/wallpaper but that will only display in the ipods wallpaper not the homescreen paper.. this is a problems that i've been trying to solve for a long time, but I can't find a way to fix it, the problem with the iPod Touch 2 Generation is that is has a 4.0 - 4.1 - 4.2 firmware but it will not support homescreen wallpaper, multitasking and some other stuff