Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with editing iPhone icons ?

Default Help with editing iPhone icons ?
    Hey guys, I'm running 3.1.3 on an iPhone 3G and I recently jailbroke my iPhone to mess around with the mods, themes, etc . I barely learned how to make my own icons, so I decided to make some on photoshop . The first one I decided to make was the Mail icon, and I came up with a simple design, just to test it and see how it'd look on the iPhone . I keep getting a white trim around the icon and can't find how to get rid of it ? I'll post the image of the original PS file, and a screenshot of my iPhone background. Thanks in advance to anybody that can help .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well with the Magic Wand tool (in photoshop), click on the outside of the icon, and you'll see some lines appear around the icon. when you see these new lines, you'll see that your icon is still surrounded by a white background. you have to get rid of this white background, and after selecting the Magic Wand tool (if you're happy with the selection), just hit delete and you're set. then save your icon in png, and try it again on your iphone.