Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Transparent navigation bar ??

Default Transparent navigation bar ??
    I have found the black navigation bars but is there a way to make them transparent? Could someone make the UI for it?

Go to
    Var/stash/themes.xxx/
    Make a copy of "black navigation bars.theme" and name the copy as "trans Navigation Bars.theme"
    Now, go into "trans Navigation Bars.theme" and change the following string in "info.plist"

Code:
    <key>NavigationBarStyle-0</key>
    <string>1</string>
    To

Code:
    <key>NavigationBarStyle-0</key>
    <string>2</string>
    Now find your new theme in winterboard and apply it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmans25 For This Useful Post:

cubeman (2011-01-03)

jmans25,

Not transparent but better! Thank you!

How about a way to make the gray background transparent under the settings menu? (so i could see my wall paper behind the settings menu) If i could, id get rid of all the in-between bars and colored middle ground stuff.

I have found a lot of other bars and re made them clear... But not enough i guess!
    Thank you for your response!

Smile Np :)
    and u cant change that YET I am pretty sure

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, you can. By taking an image named "UIPinstripe.png" (320 x 480) that has an alpha on it (meaning there is a transparent property in the image) and putting it in the directory "/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/
    YourTheme.theme/Folders/UIKit.framework/", the Settings "Background" will be removed, replaced by a transparent "UIPinstripe.png". Note that all other applications that use this, like Cydia, will also have "UIPinstripe.png" replaced. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Sellbars; 2011-01-07 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubeman View Post
    jmans25,

Not transparent but better! Thank you!

How about a way to make the gray background transparent under the settings menu? (so i could see my wall paper behind the settings menu) If i could, id get rid of all the in-between bars and colored middle ground stuff.

I have found a lot of other bars and re made them clear... But not enough i guess!
    Thank you for your response!
    If you want completely transparent navigation bar, there is a solution!! Find your background for settings (UIPinstripe.png), make a copy, then edit to be 320 by 44 pixels. Put this image in Themes.xxxxxx/'your theme'/UIImages and name it UINavigationBarDefaultBackground and respring. Navigation bar will then look completely transparent as it is the same as your pinstripe image.