Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: custom signal bar

  1. #1
    Default custom signal bar
    Has anyone gotten them to work on iOS 4? I had the retro apple logo one when I had 3.1.2, but it isn't working anymore. Hoping winterboard is updated, but does anyone know how to manually fix it?

  2. #2
    Bump,

    I can not get them to work as well...

    I have looked and looked thru threads and have found nothing of them working or anyone able to find the correct folder to put them into. If ayone can help, please do so. Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Oh, I figured that one out a while ago, they are now in the UIImages folder, and are under the names Black_x_Bars.png and Silver_x_Bars.png (replace x with 0-5)

  4. #4
    Do you know the path?


    I have this theme for 4.0:


    3_Cubes_Wifi.theme

    Inside this folder is:

    Bundles

    Inside this folder is:

    com.apple.springboard

    Then inside that is:

    Default_0_AirPort.png
    Default_1_AirPort.png
    Default_2_AirPort.png
    Default_3_AirPort.png
    FSO_0_AirPort.png
    FSO_1_AirPort.png
    FSO_2_AirPort.png
    FSO_3_AirPort.png

    This is so I can change my Wifi too cubes. How can I do this. I am also running Picnic theme as well. Once again thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrojing View Post
    Oh, I figured that one out a while ago, they are now in the UIImages folder, and are under the names Black_x_Bars.png and Silver_x_Bars.png (replace x with 0-5)

    Thanks figured this out. You will have to change any wifi or signal themes to the above text now and put it in the UIImages folder in your theme. If its not there then create new folder. I have looked and looked and just figured it out.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by dieose; 2010-08-01 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    Default Without Winterboard
    Where is the path to change the signal icons? (WITHOUT using Winterboard, please)

  6. #6
    System > Library > Core Services > Spring Board.app

  7. #7
    This is not the same location for iPhone 4 using iOS 4.01

    They just ain't there no mo.

    Anyone with an iPhone 4 having this problem?

  8. #8
    I'd like to know where the location of these are too :s

    EDIT: http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/7...wifi-logo.html - worked fine for me
    Last edited by Eagle_133; 2010-08-06 at 02:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Green Apple jcarroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bel Air, MD USA
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrojing View Post
    Oh, I figured that one out a while ago, they are now in the UIImages folder, and are under the names Black_x_Bars.png and Silver_x_Bars.png (replace x with 0-5)
    As pyrojing said, the names are now Black_x_Bars.png and Silver_x_Bars.png (where x is 0-5). Create a UIImages directory under your theme dir and place the png's in there.

    So, the directory would look like this:
    /private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/themename.theme/UIImages/
    With these files:
    Black_0_Bars.png
    Black_1_Bars.png
    Black_2_Bars.png
    Black_3_Bars.png
    Black_4_Bars.png
    Black_5_Bars.png
    Silver_0_Bars.png
    Silver_1_Bars.png
    Silver_2_Bars.png
    Silver_3_Bars.png
    Silver_4_Bars.png
    Silver_5_Bars.png

    Then make sure the theme is enabled in Winterboard.

    Note: old Default_ names are now Silver_ and FSO_ names are now Black_.
    Last edited by jcarroll; 2010-08-09 at 10:14 PM.

  10. #10
    I have a theme with it at home and it's working. Will post the theme tonight

  11. #11
    Here is a signal theme that works on the 4g ios4 them. that I made. Just change the files. There are pink ones in there now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galaxygrrl For This Useful Post:

    Blueline29 (2010-08-10), jcarroll (2010-08-10)

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygrrl View Post
    Here is a signal theme that works on the 4g ios4 them. that I made. Just change the files. There are pink ones in there now.
    Thanks so much for this! I don't suppose you happen to have an already-done file with the status bar battery icons & wifi bars, do you? I already modded all of the ones that were in the huge file of iOS4 icons that someone put out there already and when I add them to your theme as-is, they don't work. I noticed that your signal bar icons didn't have the "@2x" added to their names, so I deleted it from the icons I'd tweaked myself, and when I resprung, they were enormous. So then I tried what someone else suggested and simply cut their size by half, but that leaves them looking like an ugly pixelated mess. Argh. So frustrating.

    But even if you don't already have them handy and don't feel like making them, any suggestions as to how I could do it myself would be greatly appreciated! And thanks again for the signal bars--they look awesome (and are already pink, which is what I was wanting to change the originals to anyway )!

  14. #13
    Green Apple jcarroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bel Air, MD USA
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline29 View Post
    Thanks so much for this! I don't suppose you happen to have an already-done file with the status bar battery icons & wifi bars, do you? I already modded all of the ones that were in the huge file of iOS4 icons that someone put out there already and when I add them to your theme as-is, they don't work. I noticed that your signal bar icons didn't have the "@2x" added to their names, so I deleted it from the icons I'd tweaked myself, and when I resprung, they were enormous. So then I tried what someone else suggested and simply cut their size by half, but that leaves them looking like an ugly pixelated mess. Argh. So frustrating.

    But even if you don't already have them handy and don't feel like making them, any suggestions as to how I could do it myself would be greatly appreciated! And thanks again for the signal bars--they look awesome (and are already pink, which is what I was wanting to change the originals to anyway )!
    Here are my colored signal and wifi themes:
    Color Signal Bars iOS4.zip

    Color WiFi Bars iOS4.zip

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to jcarroll For This Useful Post:

    Blueline29 (2010-08-10)

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarroll View Post
    Here are my colored signal and wifi themes:
    Color Signal Bars iOS4.zip

    Color WiFi Bars iOS4.zip
    Bless you! I just ended up searching for an old battery set and modding that and it'll work for right now, but I hadn't started looking for wifi yet. Thanks for these!!

  17. #15
    Green Apple jcarroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bel Air, MD USA
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline29 View Post
    Bless you! I just ended up searching for an old battery set and modding that and it'll work for right now, but I hadn't started looking for wifi yet. Thanks for these!!
    You're welcome Blueline29.
    The header battery was a bit trickier. I tried the base theme .png's in my own theme and even they were offset from the battery background. Had to add 5 pixels of transparent space to the height of the battery to make it match the background.

    Here's my blue header battery...note: I use blue for both battery displays...light background and dark background. Red is still used for the battery when it's low:
    Blue-Blue Header Battery.zip

  18. #16
    Green Apple jcarroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bel Air, MD USA
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Something odd I noticed with the signal bars. When I start Cydia, the signal bars default back to standard and my theme is ignored. Not sure why this is happening and I haven't looked into it yet, but if someone else already knows??

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline29 View Post
    Thanks so much for this! I don't suppose you happen to have an already-done file with the status bar battery icons & wifi bars, do you? !
    Looks like you are taken care of, but I do have a pink WiFi theme done.

    Here is my theme in case you want anything I have done already. You might like the pink star badge. Let me know


    Quote Originally Posted by jcarroll View Post
    You're welcome Blueline29.
    The header battery was a bit trickier. I tried the base theme .png's in my own theme and even they were offset from the battery background. Had to add 5 pixels of transparent space to the height of the battery to make it match the background.

    Here's my blue header battery...note: I use blue for both battery displays...light background and dark background. Red is still used for the battery when it's low:
    Blue-Blue Header Battery.zip
    Yeah! I could not get header battery to work. So happy to try it tonight.
    Last edited by galaxygrrl; 2010-08-10 at 07:53 PM.

  20. #18
    Awesome! Thanks for the battery! My old one works and all, but just knowing that it's the old one and not retina-display ready has kinda been buggin' me all day. It's nice to know that there are other people out there as anal about this stuff as I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygrrl View Post
    Looks like you are taken care of, but I do have a pink WiFi theme done.

    Here is my theme in case you want anything I have done already. You might like the pink star badge. Let me know.
    That sounds great; I really appreciate it! I didn't see the theme attached, though, or is it somewhere else? I used to spend hours tweaking my BlackBerries and then my 3GS, so I'm thrilled for all the help getting going with this new hardware.

    And the status bar battery theme that jcarroll attached previously worked wonderfully. I changed the color to a kind of golden yellow, but it looks outstanding--much better than the low-res version I was using before.
    Last edited by Blueline29; 2010-08-10 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarroll View Post
    Something odd I noticed with the signal bars. When I start Cydia, the signal bars default back to standard and my theme is ignored. Not sure why this is happening and I haven't looked into it yet, but if someone else already knows??
    Yeah, this is an issue with Winterboard. All WB themes seem to vanish from Cydia, Rock, Youtube, Photos, Weather, etc. I hope it is fixed soon.

  22. #20
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Hello,
    I'm looking to revert the iOS 4.0.1 signal bars BACK to the old ones before they "made the bars taller"...

    Has anyone already made a theme of that?

    Thank you for your time,
    tim

    _______________________________________________

    UPDATE:
    I just went ahead and made it. This theme replaces the stupid fat looking signal bars back to the original ones.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JoblessPunk; 2010-08-11 at 01:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •