Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Battery Charge Lock Screen

Default Help with Battery Charge Lock Screen
    Hi,

It used to work fine, but I recently changed my theme to Ovation Z (installed through Cydia). Ever since then, my battery charge lock screen has never worked. When I plug in, the screen just remains the normal lock screen (no battery picture or anything whatsoever). Has anyone else had this issue? If you know any fix, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you. I use 3G with 3.x firmware.

One more thing. If I uncheck Ovation Z theme in Winterboard, everything works fine again. The default battery charge lock screen works. I can also use custom ones like 3D Gauge (personal favorite), so I think this is specific to Ovation Z.

GT
    Last edited by GoldenTequila; 2010-07-03 at 08:05 PM.

If your lockscreen is an HTML file you will not be able to see the battery recharge screen. I've been trying to figure out a way around this for some time. But there doesn't seem to be a solution.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magusxxx View Post
    If your lockscreen is an HTML file you will not be able to see the battery recharge screen. I've been trying to figure out a way around this for some time. But there doesn't seem to be a solution.
    exactly.

Thank you for responding. I eventually learned that through some more search and reading. What I ended up doing is to just delete LockBackground.html. After some thought, I decided I really didn't need to have the weather thing on my lockscreen (that's the only advantage of html script at the moment). I see the weather thing on my home screen when I log in anyway, so it's really not necessary to have it displayed on my lockscreen... I also noticed that after I deleted it, the phone runs slightly faster and smoother. When deleting the html file, the lockscreen becomes very plain with just the background wallpaper, which isn't very attractive. I worked around that problem by editing the lockbackground.png (see images below). Because I was going to edit it anyway, I took advantages of that and added my photo and contact info in case I lose/forget my phone somewhere. I editted out my face and contact for this post:

I also made another one with a picture of my dog (I love my dog!):

Though this is not related to the lockscreen, I also editted page0.png to customize my home screen with my dog (lol again, I love my dog!):

I just thought I'd share the idea in case there were others who did not like this issue of not having battery charge lockscreen. Now I can use my favorite 3D gauge battery theme!

GT