Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard not changing any icons

Default Winterboard not changing any icons
    Long story short I was running 3.1.3 and after some stuff happened with my phone, I did a full restore, jailbroke again using redsn0w and all of a sudden when I select a Winterboard theme no icons change. I did another full restore using 4.0 and jailbroke last night and still the same problem. Currently have Buuf2 and everything changes but icons. I mean the text background, battery, wallpaper, just no icons.

Because it may have something to do with it, let me explain what I did prior to this which called for a restore. I thought I was backing up my phone every time I plugged it in the last 9 months but apparently it didn't. One day the phone just died (boot logo for 10 seconds then shut down). Couldn't SSH, couldn't do anything. It was after the restore I realized I lost every contact, note, recording, picture, video, etc. So I ported Linux to my windows (don't ask) and used terminal to get into the phone. Used dd utility to pull an image off the hard disk. Was having trouble with port 22 and in the frustration accidentally wrote the dd image on to the hard drive. I know, I know... I'm so bright. Good news is I hadn't put anything on the phone so all but maybe 300mb of the full hard disk was put on to the image. Regardless of the 50+ hours I spent searching the sqlitedb files with FTK 1, it was after the dd utility wrote the hard drive image on top of my hard drive that things got weird. I would have random crashes, some apps just never loading, and of course, winterboard not working. So I did a full restore and it fixed most of the problems. Unfortunately it still seems like something is strange with Winterboard seeing as it just doesn't work.

So now that it is a long story, anybody have a suggestion for what might be wrong?

P.S.
    If anyone is familiar with undeleting files and rebuilding sqlitedb files, please let me know. I still haven't gotten anything back from the image.

Thanks

In WB, try toggling on Summerboard.

I had same problem. Make sure the Summerboard Mode in winterboard is "ON".

Huh sure enough it worked heh. Thanks all.

Thanks

Not a problem. Glad it worked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thnkas for this post guys.. i was going crazy.. i didnt even know why my toggle was off