Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4/iOS4 Theming

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Exclamation iPhone 4/iOS4 Theming
    Since the iPhone 4 and iOS4 are out I think it would be prudent if people would post the location of files and the resolution of iPhone 4 Images. It seems like a good idea because this way it is easily accessible by everyone as an index of sorts so that it is easier to make new themes for iPhone 4/iOS4.
    Admins Please Make this a Sticky... It is a good idea because not everyone has an i4 and so it seems smart to keep a running index of what is themeable and what the resolutions of the UIImages are.
    Please feel free to add to this as you go in the comments and me or anyone who CAN edit it will add to the list:

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

But iPhone 4 isnt Jailbroaken,and we dont know when is going to be.
    For iOS4,theres already a sticky for that firmware.
    Anyway,thanks for your post.

Well the background resoultion for the iPhone 4 is 960 by 640 pixels compared to other iPhones resolution of 480 by 320.

So does that mean we need a background that is 960 by 640 and app images that are bigger as well?

Thanks

well since that is double common sense would be that everything is just twice the size...

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Oh never looked. If a mod would like to take it down i dont care. i was just looking for a nice lil thing to index everything but nvm then. Thanks for telling me dude

I've applied the Illumine theme and I'm noticing that the UIImages aren't working for icons that aren't including in the theme... Is it true that iOS4 doesn't work with the current UIImages in pre-ios4 themes? Or is it just me...

There are 4 times more pixels. Because the images appear to be the same size it's safe to say that you just double the width and height of a stock non iPhone 4 image.