Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Creating Custom Themes for IOS4

Default Creating Custom Themes for IOS4
    Just started trying to customize my 3GS iPhone on IOS4, since it doesn't appear that WinterBoard will work with this version yet it's a PITA.

So far I've been able to customize:
    - The Weather Background for Day and Night
    - Add custom audio for Messages; Mail; Lock and Unlock iPhone
    - Battery images

Mixed success with the phone dialer:
    - Added custom dialerkeypad.png* and dialerkeypad_pressed.png*

* Still can't extract the files from MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork. The only way these files show up is if I remain the MobilePhonePackedImages.artwork file to something else. But, the drawback is that the images for the popup: mute, keypad, speaker, add call, hold and contacts don't display correctly.

Has anybody had any luck with this file or does anybody have a copy of the extracted files for the 3.1.2 version of mobilephonepackedimages.arkwork? Figured I'd give those a try...
    Last edited by Imagine09; 2010-06-29 at 06:36 PM.
    Nobody told me that there would be days like these, strange days indeed...www.imagine09.com

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Im having the same problem. I have the 3.1.2 files I can send you. can you send me the original packedimages.artwork file for IOS4? I accidentally deleted it... dumb move and I am not wanting to reinstall everything to get it back...

attached pics is what I have so far. Including the dialer pngs that are all jacked up...:-)

thx

Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1063.png  
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 2010-06-24 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added pics

I tried the same thing since I had all my ssh'd files from my 3GS on 3.1.2. I was able to skin the following which all used to be outside the .artwork files and apparently still are:

-Speaker images (the ones that show when you adj volume)
    -Lockscreen Sliders and slider backgrounds
    -Strings - They're in the English folder under Springboard.strings instead of in the main Springboard.app folder they used to be in
    -Battery image
    -The Delete and Add Contact buttons of the dialer

Unfortunately, my other changes didn't take such as any of the status bar icons.

I'm interested to see what progress you make on your end.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djgunner's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, lots of stuff is broken on 4. but I like the UI enhancements, so I can live with a mostly vanilla UI for a bit.. So what's the trick to get the weather graphics changed?

Default iTouch 2G 4.0 Software
    Hi, I just jailbroke my iTouch 2G with **4.0 software** with redsn0w. Everything works fine, except none of the themes work on Winterboard and neither do the fonts. All I am looking to do is make my icons clear/transparent which would match the background I have. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Thank you,

Alex