Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Basic Help Question...

Thanks

Red face Basic Help Question...
    Hi Guys just joined the forum yesterday, nice to be here and get to see what is some excellent work, ideas and active forum members. Been a pleasure so far. Thank You.

Ok here is my basic question and please accept its coming from a position of total ignorance this being my first time having Jail Broken my iphone.

I have downloaded many themes now and all bar a couple never seem to show the icons as represented in the screen shot pics.

How do i get them to show?

Just so you know I have set in place all i require for ssh and access to my iphone folders. I have seen on this site some indication that icons are placed into a folder you create and within that you have the folder named icon inside it.

But many of the themes I have don't seem to have an icon folder anyway! ???

Also the themes I have downloaded when they do have an icon folder are already in view in my Fugu or Cyberduck and I cant move them over anyway as i cant get back to the stash folder with a drag and drop.

Clearly I am missing some probably small but crucial points regards setting up a theme?

Can you please help me out with the basic info i need?

Thanks.
    Umm

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

from what i understand from your post you seem to have the theme applied in winterboard but some icons dont apply properly or are misapplied.

Basically to fix this u need to ssh into ur phone and go into the stash folder and then into themes. Find the theme and inside the theme folder there should be a icon folder. Now find the icon that is misapplied and rename it to whats on your springboard. For example after the "messages" appon your springboard. Some themes refer to it in the icon folder as "text". you need to rename it to read "messages" as per springboard.

Do this for each corresponding icon that was misapplied and then respring. it should all be applied after that. Then u can copy that theme folder to desktop for backup so u wont have to do it all over again if you want to reapply that theme after a fresh restore and jailbreak.

Thanks

Thank You v1shal I also discovered that most of the themes required summerBoard to be on, so that was not helping any at all! lol

Since that I have now renamed various icons as you mentioned and its worked well for most of the ones missing.

Appreciated.