Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipad Theming Discussion

Default Ipad Theming Discussion
    Hey everyone, I am working on a theme right now but I am running into a few problems.

1st - How can I get rid of the icon drop shadows? I am using Iblank to move some icons around, but there is still a big ugly drop shadow where the invisible icons are. Is there any way to get rid of those?

2nd - Is there any way to make it so the iPad never rotates on the homescreen. My theme will be way better if I can just keep it always in the same portrait mode on the homescreen. Obviously I can do this with the rotation lock but that is just annoying to do every time I enter or leave an app.

3rd - Is there a way to get rid of the scrolling left and right to the next page. My theme right now uses springjumps to get to the different pages, and I want the homescreen to be immovable on each page.

4th - I have created a dock and made it SBDockBGT-Portrait.png but it is not showing up. Do I need to put it in a separate folder?

Thanks for the help in advance! If I can get these few things I will upload the theme for everyone. It is pretty cool.

-Sam
    Last edited by samdelgado; 2010-05-12 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Moved to an area that would help. Since we don't have a specific spot for iPad themes yet the general theme board will have to do and may yield better help.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure where I should put this so I just threw it in the iPad section.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Yep, there is a thread going right now in the site suggestions section about if the iPad should have it's own section for theme talk.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Default iBlank for iPad
    I have just released iBlank for the iPad. It is available on Cydia. It includes a WinterBoard theme that will remove the icon drop shadows.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

also the dock should go in the theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/ they are named what you said and also this SBDockBGT-Landscape.png I was going to tell you about the shadows, but iBlank as you can see was updated with a winterboard selection for that but the images are also in the com.apple.springboard folder