I know there are a ton of posts about this already, but I haven't been able to find one that's precisely the same, and I've tried everything suggested in those posts, and nothing works.

I use Gruppled theme, and I have apps for which icons don't exist in it. I created a few, renamed some that were there to match apps I have - it worked great. Then I updated and re-jailbroke (currently running 3.1.2 on a 3G). All the icons that weren't originally part of the theme went back to their defaults, which was really annoying.

I tried deleting the SpringboardIconCache folders and respringing - now, I have a mix of things:

- icons that were originally in Gruppled, which look fine.
- apps that had no icons originally, which I made icons for, which look fine (a minority).
- apps that had no icons originally, which I made icons for, which still use their default icons (also a minority).
- apps that had no icons originally, which I made icons for, which now show no icons at all (though they do still have their names and work fine).

At this point, I've tried:
- deleting the apps and re-adding them.
- deleting an app to see its name and make sure that the icons are named the right things.
- deleting an app, re-adding it, stopping in the middle, turning the phone off, turning it back on, and finishing the upload.
- deleting the icon caches.
- using iWipe to delete the caches (both with Gruppled enabled and with it disabled).
- deleting and re-adding all the icons.
- respringing about a gazillion times.

Nothing has made any difference. One thing I have noticed - the apps with no icons at all don't actually have any corresponding files in the IconCache folders. The ones that do have icons (whether their defaults or the proper Gruppled ones) do. Other than that, I can find no logic to it. If an app has a Gruppled icon, I can change it to a different icon with no problem. But if it doesn't, nothing I can do seems to change it.

Help, please?