Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Your Theme Template

Default Your Theme Template
    Well I've seen everyones great new themes for summerboard and other programs and everyone seems to show off their screen shot as just a simple image. Well I decided that perhaps people might be interested in a nice way to show off your themes/screenshots.

I designed a Photoshop template for manipulating your screenshots and placing them in a nice scene with the phone. To explain what I mean here is a little description.

Essentially all you have to do is open my simple template file and load the action script. Place your image on the correct layer and run the action. It will manipulate your screenshot and place it on the phone. Check out what I mean in the tutorial below.

--------------------------------------
    Step 1
    - First you need to download the .psd template and the .atn action script.
    Download the .psd template HERE
    Download the .atn action script HERE
    (right click and save as)

Step 2
    - Go ahead and open the template in Photoshop. You should get this.(not actual size below)

Step 3
    - Take your screenshot on your phone and load it into Photoshop.(not actual size below)

Step 4
    - Copy and Paste your screenshot into the appropriately labeled layer in the template.psd.(screenshot needs to be full size 320x480)

Step 5
    - Now load the action script from the "action" palette. Browse to where you saved the file. Once loaded find the "IPHONE WARP > SCREEN SHOT" action and run it by pressing play.(make sure you have the layer with your screenshot selected)

Finished Product
    - And then, well, your done.(at least you should be) Your final image should look like something below.

Samples
    Here are some samples of themes around the forum. (Hope you guys/gals don't mind. I chose these because I like them.)

I have actually updated the file with a reflection layer. Props to Loring for the idea.

Well I hope this might be of use to some of you. It will help to show off some of those awesome themes out there now. I do plan on making a few different versions, as I shot the photo of the phone myself and have other angles. If people like this and the idea I'll make some more. Perhaps this could be a decent sticky if people use it. Enjoy!
    Last edited by metatrox; 2007-09-26 at 11:38 PM.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Great tut! Wiki'd here.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Very cool idea! I'll definitely use this

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but can you point me towards where you got that old school dialer from? I've never seen it.. looks cool!

EDIT: Err! Nevermind, found it... should have checked the downloads section first!
    Last edited by vertu; 2007-09-26 at 01:29 AM.

Well I'm glad it will hopefully get some use. If anyone uses it let me know.

Like I said if this is something people like I have a couple other great shots of the phone I can put together and script the same way. With so few replies so far I'm not sure if people are interested in this. Well let me know.

Thanks for the comments and the wiki.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DoocesWild's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this is awesome!
    -DoocesWild

Great Job man. I like to see people using scripts!

I added a reflection to your template =)
    Heres the action I used.,, > iPhoneReflectionWarp.zip
    And Samples..

Last edited by LoringStudios; 2007-09-26 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Great Idea Loring. I have added a reflection version also.

I have also added a NEW template.

One of a standing iPhone. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7199

Just a little complicate for me LoL
    Here's my theme

iPhoneReflectionWarp.zip now leads to a 404 dead link. Anyone know where I can nw get iPhoneReflectionWarp.zip? I googled it without success. Thanks.

Default Some of the themes that I have made
    Sorry the upload didnt work the first time
    Last edited by dkny247; 2008-05-05 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Mess up

Default Some of the themes that I have made
    Here are my themes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -invaderzim01.jpg   -invaderzim02.jpg   -invaderzim03.jpg   -invaderzim04.jpg   -magnacarta-1.jpg   -magnacarta-2.jpg   -magnacarta-3.jpg   -magnacarta-4.jpg  

-magnacarta-5.jpg  

Default More of my themes
    More of my themes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -animegirls01.jpg   -animegirls02.jpg   -animegirls03.jpg   -neg04.jpg  
    Last edited by dkny247; 2008-05-05 at 07:42 AM.