Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G to 4G?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question 3G to 4G?
    Alright well I've seen people changing their carriers from ROGERS to Fido or from AT&T to Sprint on the status bar. So I was wondering if it's any way possible for someone to create something that changes the 3G icon on the status bar to a 4G icon. Just for jokes or to mess with your friends.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Arjang; 2009-10-10 at 08:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nobody? Anyone? Anyone want to answer? No one, that's a shame. I guess I'll have to pick from the audience.

If this isn't possible can you at least let me know so I don't have to keep coming to this thread and maybe having an inch of hope that this could happen.

You can change the status bar icons in a Winterboard theme. If you look at a theme like iElegance for example and browse to the /Folders/Springboard.app/ folder, you will see where the status bar icons are and what their names are.

4g icon, it'll change the edge and 3g into 4g, you can download it from the pwncenter repository in cydia
    Cruel Blue World iPad Theme
    If you like my themes, please consider a donation to help me grow!

for example,

if you DL the iElegance theme, look in:

private/var/stash/Themes/ielegance.theme/folders/springboard.app (as stated above.)

change the file images names:

default_edge_on.png
    and
    FSO_Edge_on.png with ur 4g graphic.

load the theme on winterboard.

--complete--

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright thanks for the methods. The 4G icon from cydia doesn't look to good. Anyone got a decent 4G icon thats similar to the 3G shape and size?

its called make one.

god...so many newbies around..(sorry im not mad at you its just there have been so many poeple that come all frusturated before they even try)