Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chnaging Lockscreen/Keypad UI

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Chnaging Lockscreen/Keypad UI
    Is it possible to change the User Interface of the Lockscreen password where the user puts in his passcode to unlock the phone? I have several different ideas...I realize that this would probably involve code but I'm willing to learn. I was thinking that you could make a program for the phone to call instead whatever program apple uses for it and could replace the program in a WinterBoard theme. Am I totally off-base here? I really have no idea where to start...
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you ssh into your phone, and navigate to: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

You will find the images for the lockscreen, just copy them to your pc, convert them, and either replace what you want back in that folder, or make a bundles/com.sprinboard.app folder and drop it into the themes folder...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to memnoch_thedevil For This Useful Post:

PADLOCK (2009-12-07), wannabprogramma (2009-10-10)

Thanks

Thank you for the reply, however I was really wondering if you could change the method of input- draw a pattern instead of punching numbers- this helps me find where to change the keyboard but do you know about changing how you unlock it? Thanks again
    p.s. Sorry for misspelling change in the title- forgot to use spell check lol
    Last edited by wannabprogramma; 2009-10-09 at 01:25 AM. Reason: writing on an iphone is annoying

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scocar27 For This Useful Post:

wannabprogramma (2009-10-10)

Thanks

Yes that's what got me started but after thinking about it for awhile I came up with my own idea that has the same problem- I need to change the method of input- I thought for awhile that I might be able to make a program and then use an info.plist to call it but now I'm thinking that that won't work...anyone know how?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ah I see...get the HTC and hack it lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to memnoch_thedevil For This Useful Post:

haha that was mine... and i still havent gotten it yet :X

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dtsk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@dtsk- yea i know but it seemed like not many people commented so I decided to make a new thread, but I'm not talking about the HTC anymore, I'm talking about changing the interface and method of input at all-i have a different idea
    @memoch the devil: ha that may work but I'm not trying the HTC lockscreen anymore. Even though that's a very cool idea, I think I have one that everyone would like and know how to use, but really what I'm looking for is anyone who knows where the program for the lockscreen is stored, so that if I can figure out how to make one, i can try to name it the same thing and see if I can put it in a theme. Also, does the keypad/lockscreen program use Objective-C language. Once I know where the original is I can start to figure out how to code it... and maybe actually get it right lol
    Thanks to every1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    If you ssh into your phone, and navigate to: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

You will find the images for the lockscreen, just copy them to your pc, convert them, and either replace what you want back in that folder, or make a bundles/com.sprinboard.app folder and drop it into the themes folder...
    wow.. finally.. thanks for posting, been looking for this for a while now

Sent thanks!!

Thanks

Though my idea is still good i figure ill pull up this dead thread too....the HTC lock pattern is alive....on cydia AndroidLock is free and works well