Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Background Mod Issue

Default SMS Background Mod Issue
    Hi guys new to the forums so here's my first question to pop my cherry (so don't be rough on me lol).

I've done a bit of customizing work on my sms background screen and I've found one that works but I have a bit of an issue with image size/positioning.

Basically the background png image I've started off with was made to size for landscape mode so we're talking 320*480 which works well and gave me a good result (1st screenshot). However if I turned the phone into landscape mode the image does not automatically get resized and I'm left with a 160 pixel "gap" on the right hand side (as shown by the 2nd screenshot). So I resized the background png to 480*480 pixels which fixed the "gap" issue (3rd screenshot) but now in portrait mode the image is of center towards the right hand side (4th screenshot) is there anyway to have the image centralized in portrait mode or would I somehow have to do something else?

Cheers Vlad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0064.png   -img_0079-1-.png   -img_0081.png   -img_0080.png  

Well the problem is, you would need to have the image off centre in 480x480 so it will be centred in portrait mode, but once you turn the phone to landscape mode it will then be off centre for that.

Hmm yes I've done that already and was not too happy with the result. I was thinking maybe have 2 background files and have one activate in portrait mode and the other landscape mode but I don't know how to make that happen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i want to know about
    this 3thing filename who can help me pls...-23hqgsm.jpg

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    1) UINavigationBarDefaultBack.png and UINavigationBarDefaultBackPressed.png
    2) UINavigationBarDefaultBackground.png UINavigationBarDefaultBackground~iphone.png
    3) UINavigationBarDefaultButton.png and UINavigationBarDefaultButtonPressed.png

Save the new files to the \Theme\UIImages folder.
    Bear in mind that I have a 3GS and cannot confirm this for a 4 or 4s.