Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1 Keyboard question

Default 3.1 Keyboard question
    Does anybody know if there will be any keyboards for the 3.1 firmware iphone 3g....besides the boring stock one. This guy i spoke to from youtube said he made the macbook air keyboard work on 3.x firmware and he said it will be in cydia by now but it still doesn't work for this firmware. He said he made it work thru ssh everything and changing all the files or whatever
    Last edited by Platano Loco; 2009-10-01 at 12:35 AM.

Thanks

From winterboar we ar still not able to change the keyboard, but ssh i am not sure about i try that before and it didn't work, asked him for a turtuail to show you how to ssh in ti and apply the theme

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

look on youtube or on google how to theme keyboard 3.0

heres the link
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k02CPiHPwPM[/ame]

Well, crazy banana, why did you have to open yet another thread on keyboards, when there is a sticky post at the very top of this section that explains everything? The answers you received so far are all complete nonsense. Read up what the situation is:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ng-fw-3-x.html

There will be no WinterBoard themes for the system keyboards!!!!
    There will be no ssh solution to replace keyboard artwork files!!!
    There are only three limited solutions. Read about them in the above thread.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Yes there's a way to theme 3.0 keyboard using the YouTube video I put above. It just take a bit of time

Well, armadillo, I just saw the 3.x link right after I posted this thread. I was trying to figure out how to delete it but I'm not sure if you can. So I guess there won't be any keyboards for 3.x at all? Never? Except for those couple of ugly ones...

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Well, crazy banana, why did you have to open yet another thread on keyboards, when there is a sticky post at the very top of this section that explains everything? The answers you received so far are all complete nonsense. Read up what the situation is:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ng-fw-3-x.html

There will be no WinterBoard themes for the system keyboards!!!!
    There will be no ssh solution to replace keyboard artwork files!!!
    There are only three limited solutions. Read about them in the above thread.

That's not what I said. The ugly ones in the post are just examples. You can skin those keyboards yourself or others may alternative versions. There is another thread that shows alternative black and pink keyboards. The main problem is that all solutions have problems and that we will not get system-wide skinning. But please do nor reply in this thread. The sticky thread is the appropriate one for these types questions.
    Come visit AlohaSoft