Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS Background Question

Thanks

Default SMS Background Question
    Just wondering if there was a way to replace the SMS Background without WinterBoard or any Cydia app? Also was wondering about the default black background? Anyway to replace these backgrounds with Cydia or WinterBoard? As far as I've seen they can't be "replaced", but figured I'd ask and hope for the best.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Not without using Winterboard that I'm aware of.

Thanks

bah, okay, I'm currently using the iSatin theme and love the setup, but how can use the background.png for each page without winterboard? or is it the same thing as a background where you have to have winterboard or some cydia app?

Thanks

How are you using that theme without winterboard? Or are you only using pieces of it?

Thanks

No I have Winterboard installed now, but taking piece by piece and trying to replace the original files on another phone that doesn't have Winterboard. I believe the png's that he is using for the Apps/Home/Apple/Games spring jumps are like a background png on top of the locked background png? Make sense?

Ran in to this by accident I think you're talking about the Page0 to Page6.png. They're a transparent page with just the writing. Not sure where you would put those files when not using WinterBoard. This them is a WinterBoard theme. Guess someone with greater knowledge then myself will have to answer you question.

Sorry,

Thanks

Can't be done without Winterboard.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

zausser (2009-09-30)

its possible w/o winterboard, but not possible w/o cydia.

Thanks

^sorry your wrong my friend, Cydia has absolutely nothing to do with getting it to work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stfu View Post
    No I have Winterboard installed now, but taking piece by piece and trying to replace the original files on another phone that doesn't have Winterboard. I believe the png's that he is using for the Apps/Home/Apple/Games spring jumps are like a background png on top of the locked background png? Make sense?
    This sounds like you are trying to change the springjump icons...which can be done with out winterboard, but can not be done without a jail broken phone.

If this is what you are trying to do, then navigate to root/applications folder, there you will see _shortcut_0.app each folder represents the page for that spring jump, and inside it there is a Icon.png, change that to the image you want.

As for the SMS background, I am sure you could do that without winterboard too, but again you need a jailbroken phone, and the ability to ssh into it. Not sure where that image would be, possibly in the mobile mms app folder?

I'll dig around and take a look.

And found it:

/var/stash/Applications.pwn/MobileSMS.app

Download the whole folder to the pc, convert the png's and viola, there are your sms images...although I don't know where the bubbles for the text are yet lol
    Last edited by memnoch_thedevil; 2009-10-06 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ^sorry your wrong my friend, Cydia has absolutely nothing to do with getting it to work.
    Well seeing as the other ways to do so involve downloading packages off Cydia (i.e. bosspaper or Desktop/SMS Background) or possibly SSH'ing, I'd say Cydia (or Icy i guess...) is pretty essential in the process.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nemo728 View Post
    Well seeing as the other ways to do so involve downloading packages off Cydia (i.e. bosspaper or Desktop/SMS Background) or possibly SSH'ing, I'd say Cydia (or Icy i guess...) is pretty essential in the process.
    Even a cydia app will not accomplish this without winterboard. Good rebound answer though. Is this a war of wits? Paaa-leeze.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Even a cydia app will not accomplish this without winterboard. Good rebound answer though. Is this a war of wits? Paaa-leeze.
    well that was the point. There is a cydia app that will accomplish this without winterboard. and its called Desktop/SMS Background as I noted above. Used it today w/o winterboard. Works fine.