Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change Catagories wallpaper?

Default How to change Catagories wallpaper?
    Is there a way change the wallpaper background for different catagories.

I have "Apps", "Games", and "System" and I'd like to have specific wallpaper background for each folder when they open.

Right now they are slightly different as each has the folder name as the title at the top of the page. So this makes me think it can't be too hard to change the entire background/wallpaper.

Anyone know where the background/wallpapers are stored for each catagory folder?

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Someone helped me out so I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else wanted to know how.

For example, if you wanted to change the default wallpaper in your "Games" folder:
    1.) Create the wallpaper you would like to use and name it background.png (make sure it is standard wallpaper dimensions 320x480)
    2.) SSH into your phone
    3.) Go to Library > Theme > "your theme" > Folders > Games (If you don't have a folder in there already with the name "Games", just create one)

(This is also the folder where the loading screen for that folder is located. If you have a loading screen you want to use just name it Default.png and paste the file in this folder.)

4.) Paste the background.png file you created and want to use in this folder.
    5.) Respring your phone
    6.) Open the actual Games folder and click on the small info button in the bottom right.
    7.) Turn on background.png
    Last edited by Fish_1; 2009-09-29 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can also do this in the bundles folder....

Library > Theme > "your theme" > Bundles> com.bigboss.categories.Games

That's the name of the folder to put the background.png file in. You can also put a icon.png file in there for it as well as a default.png which will show while loading the folder.

You can change the name of "Games " to what ever you want for your folder name
    Last edited by Fudsey; 2009-09-29 at 10:59 PM.

Cool, thanks.

Is there any reason to choose one method over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_1 View Post
    Cool, thanks.

Is there any reason to choose one method over the other?
    Folders is the old method used by summerboard and still compatible in winterboard, but a newer version may not support it.