Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replace Icons

Thanks

Angry Replace Icons
    Hello and thanks in advance.

I downloaded some Icons from the Illumine Theme by Kon and I was able to replace all Icons on my iPhone 3GS with no problem. All of the standard Icons plus the ones from Cydia were replaced with a smaller icon which is what I want. Then I have others that I downloaded from either the App Store or from ********** that when I replace their Icons the icon has a clear border around the icon or even smaller than the icons used to replace the standard icons.

I've tried to use different icons to test the size.. I've even used the same icon for 4 different applications. So far i've noticed with the LogMeIn and Shazam App it has the clear border and with the ESPN Scorecenter and Facebook are smaller than the already replaced small icons.

iPhone 3GS 3.0.1 Jailbroken. I've noticed this on the 3.0 f/w and the 3.0.1. I'm using i-FunBox to change the icons.

Thanks

Anyone have an Idea?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Post a screen shot please. Sounds weird cause that theme has UIImages that change every stock icon to match the theme even if it isn't a custom icon.

Thanks

Hopefully this helps.Thanks for the quick reply

OH I forgot to mention I'm not using Winterboard. I'm just using iFunBox to copy the png's over manually.. I am being stubborn and trying to avoid using Winterboard. It would work fine with winterboard.
    Last edited by stfu; 2009-09-23 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

jeez I wish I knew, odd indeed since you are changing the default icon within the app.

Thanks

Yea it's a bit odd.. I was assuming it was something in one of the .plist files or something, since no matter what Icon I put in there to replace the original, but I've been all over it and didn't see anything.. I don't have many apps on there right now because I've just JB it the other day, but I've managed to replace a lot of things without the use of Winterboard and it's looking more and more like I want it to.

Thanks

that may be an option, try removing the plist file and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

No Dice. I removed the info.plist and it took the icon off my phone altogether. Bah