Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon Help - ★ War ★ - how to name??

Default Icon Help - ★ War ★ - how to name??
    I'm wondering if someone can help out w/ setting up a custom icon for the game engines of war. I have an icon and have it ssh'ed into my theme but the icon never changes, I suspect this is because of a naming issue.
    In iTunes and on the iPod the game shows up as ★ War ★. In the library on the iPod it shows as EnginesWar. On my computer the name of the ipa file is _ (box shape) War (box shape). I assume the box shape is replacing the stars which windows just doesnt know how to handle but im not sure how I can name this so that it will just show up like every other icon I have is setup to do. Any advise is much appreciated.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you press and hold like your going to delete it from the springboard, it will bring up a box asking you if you want to delete it, it also shows exactly how it is named and then just cancel.

It shows the stars actually there as well. This is the only app I've seen that actually has strange characters to it. My workaround has been to jet replace the icon right in the folder the app itself resides in, I was hoping to find a way to just let winterboard do it's thing.

Link to the game in iTMS?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

strange one indeed.