Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Clock on Lockscreen?

Default HTC Clock on Lockscreen?
    I was wondering if there was a way to replace the clock on lockscreen with the clock from the HTC Hero Sense UI, or something similar? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah you'd have to install the lockclock hide app from cydia to "hide" your lockscreen clock....and then use the HTML script and images from that theme, editing what you need to place everything on the lockscreen. Which would be renaming some stuff like wallpaper.* to LockBackground.* etc.

Thanks for the quick reply, I don't suppose you could be more specific with the files that would need to be swapped/renamed

ewww, should just be

Wallpaper.HTML -> LockBackground.HTML

Dunno if the actually wallpaper image would have to be modified (if your gonna use one, or just have the black background).

Where is lockbackground.html in the iphone file system? I am just supposed to swap the file right? Thanks

Im assuming the HTC Hero Sense is a theme? I havent looked. If so, there should be a handful of files you will need to pull from that theme, part of which should include a Wallpaper.HTML file.

It is a theme, I found wallpaper.html for that theme and renamed it lockbackground.html. Assumed I needed to replace this with a file called lockbackground.html on the iphone? Also if you are not familiar with the theme how do you know this is the appropriate course of action? Thanks for the help.

Because I know how scripting works, doesnt matter the theme they all work the same.

You will need to SSH that theme folder into the phone and place it into Winterboard's theme folder which is located at Library/Themes

If you upload the theme, or link me to it....I can show you what files, folders you need to keep.

Here is a link to the site I got the theme from. The theme puts a clock widget on the home screen, I'd like to use that clock for my lock screen. Thanks again for the help.

HTC Hero Sense UI on iPhone | Redmond Pie

I thought we were on the right track. Anyone want to help? Thanks.

Default LockScreen Clock Widget
    I believe what you need to do is this:

1. SSH into the iPhone, and go to the themes folder which should be in this location: /Library/Themes/

2. From there you should see your HTC Clock widget folder. Open it.

3. Locate the 'Wallpaper.html' file and make a copy of it, and name the copy 'LockBackground.html'. That should make the script run on the lockscreen as well as the Springboard.

Now, the reason I found this thread was because I am trying to do a similar thing, I have a springboard clock and weather widget that I would like to show on the LockScreen, I followed these steps and all I got was a black screen, so let me know if this works for you.

Thanks for the reply, I don't have an HTC Clock Widget File, I believe I would have to edit it out of this other theme, which I don't know how to do.