Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you have more than 8 Spring Jumps?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Can you have more than 8 Spring Jumps?
    Title says it all...I would like 10 pages, and spring jumps for each...I have pages 0-4 on all 10 pages, but I need an extra spring jump for pages 9 and 10...anyone know if this is possible?

thanks

I think I found the plist file that would require editing to make this work, but I am not sure how to edit it, and I think maybe mine is corrupted. When I open it with Dreamweaver or Coders notepad, it come's out like it has been corrupted.

If anyone else has this file check it out for me please, maybe it's a program that was coded in Linux...that's kind of what I am thinking, but don't have it or know enough about it to do anything...

Navigate to:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/jp.ashikase.springjumps.plist

If it is not corrupted for you, can you upload it, so I can take a look at it?

Thanks!

anyone have the above file they can give me to look at?
    Last edited by memnoch_thedevil; 2009-09-12 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The file is in binary format. You need to convert it to xml. I edit it to include a page 9 & 10. I also added the page 9 & 10 shortcut apps. I restarted my phone & got stuck in safe mode. Had to uninstall springjumps to fix it.
    I got the 3GS on 3.0 jailbroke. I won't mess with this any more until I know 3.1 can be jailbroke. I don't want to take the chance & have to go to 3.1.

I emailed the dev to see if it was possible. Will get back to on what he says.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    The file is in binary format. You need to convert it to xml. I edit it to include a page 9 & 10. I also added the page 9 & 10 shortcut apps. I restarted my phone & got stuck in safe mode. Had to uninstall springjumps to fix it.
    I got the 3GS on 3.0 jailbroke. I won't mess with this any more until I know 3.1 can be jailbroke. I don't want to take the chance & have to go to 3.1.

I emailed the dev to see if it was possible. Will get back to on what he says.
    Thanks alot for this! Having more than 9 spring jumps would really be great, I love that feature, and I really like the theme I am using now, and that would make it complete.

Got a reply from the dev. Here is what he had to say.
    I haven't updated SpringJumps for iPhone OS 3.x yet, which means that it currently still only supports 9 pages (0-8).

I intend to update it... just not sure when.

Sorry!

--
    Lance Fetters
    There is no way to edit the files to allow for page 9 & 10. What theme is it you are using?
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Thanks

There is no way to edit the files to allow for page 9 & 10. What theme is it you are using?

Well that sucks lol

I am using my own theme sort of...it is pieces of other themes that I like, and some modifications to icons and the over all look. It would just sit perfectly for what I want my phone to look like and how I want it to operate. Hopefully soon!

Check your email too, I sent you another question reguarding HTML files and how to join them.

Thanks for trying!!

anyone know if this has been addressed? is there a work around? any way to get to page 9? the Dev's response was almost a year ago....