Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help! iphone keyboard mod

Default help! iphone keyboard mod
    My girlfriend dropped my iphone, causing a small crack in the bottom left hand corner of the digitizer. Strangely, the glass front is fine. Everything works fine in fact, EXCEPT for the bottommost line of keys on the pop up keyboard (spacebar, etc...).

Everything works fine in the browser if i turn the keyboard horizontal, but in apps where this is not an option, ive got a problem. I can't send text messages with spaces, or switch to numbers and symbols.

I realized that if I could make the keyboard pop up a little higher than it is supposed to, it would fix the problem.

Could anyone mod a keyboard for me to do this? I don't even think moving it up a full line would be necessary, as all other buttons projected at the bottom of my screen work. Only the keyboard has given me problems.

Thanks, and please help keeping this iphone useful,

Tyler

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Gonna be quite a task. How about using landscape mode?

so this is too difficult to be a possibility?
    Last edited by ivandrocco; 2009-08-26 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Well I can only speak for myself and it's way over my head. It can be repaired your know.

I repaired this one already myself.

Anyhow, I have been away for a year and still had 2.2 firmware. I didn't know the landscape keyboard was so much more accessible in the new software. Restored, Updated, working fine!