Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: remove theme... partially (GlasKlart)

iPhone? More like MyPhone roeiboot's Avatar
    Thanks

Question remove theme... partially (GlasKlart)
    i've installed GlasKlart but over time i have started moving thing i like in my own theme folder, now i think it still uses for example the Liveclock part..

what is the best strategy, un-install the theme and copy back what was "lost" or slowly move/delete folders i know i do not use, and if i use method 2, will it still show up in Cydia as installed ?

so yea, what's the best way to handle this...

thanks.!

Why not SSH into your iPhone (which I imagine you're doing) and take the partial things from GlasKlart and add them to your own theme then remove GlasKlart altogether? If you were to remove several folders out of the GlasKlart theme in SSH it will still say it is installed in Cydia because you are tinkering with it from your own personal device, not through Cydia. Cydia will remain in saying it was installed for the simple purpose of information. It's like reminding a person "hey you already downloaded this." Simply, if you wanted to remove portions of GlasKlart through SSH so that if fits your preference it will have no affect on Cydia at all.

I hope I answered your question?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zaine23 For This Useful Post:

roeiboot (2009-08-23)

Thanks

thanks.

more or less :}

bottom line, i could copy the entire theme to my pc.. than remove it from Cydia, and copy whatever i need from pc to my device.

Yes. As long as you make the theme glasklart independent of cydia (by copying it to your pc) then you can do what you wish with it. I find it easier downloading themes from the net and then going that direction. But to each his own.

Thanks

thanks again zaine....