Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to work with springjumps?

Default How to work with springjumps?
    Hey guys, i was trying to figure out how to change the icons for springs jumps to something I actually want, and not an arrow with a number on it. I tried to just create a transparent icon with the name Page 0.png but it didn't replace it. Also, is there a way to get more than one "Page 0" icon, so I can put one on each page, and make it as if I had a static "vertical bar" on the side of my phone, instead of the dock being the only static bar no matter what page you change?

i dont think there is a space between page#. the other thing is if you want something static make it part of the wallpaper, not the springboard page. just make a static wallpaper.png that stays static. then the pages will work overtop of that wallpaper.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    i dont think there is a space between page#. the other thing is if you want something static make it part of the wallpaper, not the springboard page. just make a static wallpaper.png that stays static. then the pages will work overtop of that wallpaper.
    Yeah, but if, say, you have Page 0 - Page 5 Jumps on the left hand column. If you make them say what you want and put it on the wallpaper, how can you still jump to that page? If the actual icon for, say "Page 0" is on "Page 0", and youve already navigated to like, Page 4 or something, how are those springjumps on EVERY page, to be able to go back in forth via spring jumps to every page you want?

oh ok. usually you want to put them on the dock so you can do that. the alternative is to make duplicate pages but that really doesnt do much for you. for instance page 1 is the same as page 6 so they look the same but arent the same, nor would they be able to have the same apps on the page. but i can make page 1 and page 5 both lets say "Games" that way
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    oh ok. usually you want to put them on the dock so you can do that. the alternative is to make duplicate pages but that really doesnt do much for you. for instance page 1 is the same as page 6 so they look the same but arent the same, nor would they be able to have the same apps on the page. but i can make page 1 and page 5 both lets say "Games" that way

Alright, I know you can do it, as per every single iNav theme i've seen. but I just don't know how to make duplicate "Page 0" springjumps or any page for that matter, so I could have say, Page 0 be communications, then be able to jump to Page 0 from every other page through a springjump. Is there a way to make multiple icons for, say "Page 0" Springjump?

oooo! Got an idea, could you copy the .plist thats in the springjump 0 folder to another, say, springjump7 or something that your not using? Then when you clicked "Page 7" springjump, it'd actually jump to Page 0?
    Last edited by Captain McFunk; 2009-08-21 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you dont have to do it to antoher springjump (like 7 in your example)

You can Just copy the springjump folder you want on every page (ie Page 0) and rename them wiht a different number. i think the original Page 0 is called _shortcut_0.app so make the copies called _shortcut_10.app, _shortcut_20.app etc. then change the plist so that the bundle identifier is for the new name i.e. jp.ashikase.springjumps.10, jp.ashikase.springjumps.20 etc

Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    you dont have to do it to antoher springjump (like 7 in your example)

You can Just copy the springjump folder you want on every page (ie Page 0) and rename them wiht a different number. i think the original Page 0 is called _shortcut_0.app so make the copies called _shortcut_10.app, _shortcut_20.app etc. then change the plist so that the bundle identifier is for the new name i.e. jp.ashikase.springjumps.10, jp.ashikase.springjumps.20 etc
    can you explain to me how to do this? i'm not sure about any of this. I know in the application folder i see springjump0.app or whatever all the way to 7. What do I do then? i need it to be as detailed as possible so i can get this figured out and make a beastly theme haha.

Download the White Apple theme, inside the automatic theme setup folder are many duplicate springjumps. If there aren't enough, you can figure out how to make more by seeing how the info.plist is changed for each one.

Alright, I'm still trying to do this.

I've copied the _shortcut_0.app folder 4 times and renamed them _shortcut_10.app, _shortcut_20.app, _shortcut_30.app, etc. I also opened the plist for each one, and changed them from:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>jp.ashikase.springjumps.0</string>
    <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Page 0</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    to:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>jp.ashikase.springjumps.10</string>
    <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Page 0</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    When i activated them on my phone, ALL 5 "Page 0" icons showed up, but only one of them actually worked. Whats the issue here? Is the "<string>jp.ashikase.springjumps.0</string>" line the only one i have to edit?

Thanks!

You're trying to duplicate springjumps, right? Make it 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 (first number the page you'll put them and second the page they'll jump to)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain McFunk View Post
    Alright, I'm still trying to do this.

I've copied the _shortcut_0.app folder 4 times and renamed them _shortcut_10.app, _shortcut_20.app, _shortcut_30.app, etc. I also opened the plist for each one, and changed them from:

to:

When i activated them on my phone, ALL 5 "Page 0" icons showed up, but only one of them actually worked. Whats the issue here? Is the "<string>jp.ashikase.springjumps.0</string>" line the only one i have to edit?

Thanks!

I see the problem.

This is the original spring jump folder: _shortcut_0.app

The 0 represents the page number, if you want more page 0, you need to copy that folder and rename it to something like: _shortcut1_0.app

Same thing for _shortcut_1.app to _shortcut1_1.app.

Then inside each of the new copied folders change the plist to match. For example instead of <string>jp.ashikase.springjumps.0</string> in the new folder it would be <string>jp.ashikase.springjumps1.0</string>

I have a theme that I am working on that has 5 spring jumps on the top, and all 10 pages have those spring jumps, I even went a little further and on say page 4, instead of page 4 it has a spring jump to page 5, and on page 5 to page 4...you are limited to a total of 9 spring jumps though (0-8), but can make many duplicates of those 9.

Also to change the icon for the spring jump, inside each spring jump folder is that icon, just copy what you want there and name it icon.png.

Hope that helps! Good Luck!