Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: custom carrier logo for os 3.0

Default custom carrier logo for os 3.0
    i cant get my Fido carrier logo to change, ive tried all the videos on youtube but none of them work.
    Anyone know how?

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

where you live using Fido? and what are you doing to change it? the phone has the carrier in /System/Library/Carrier Buncles/Fido_ca.bundle/FSO_CARRIER_fido.png (Default_CARRIER_fido.png so replace those two images and reboot your device. or if you are using winterboard i assume it's themes.xxxxx/yourtheme/Bundles/com.apple.Fido_ca/FSO_CARRIER_fido.png also you would need to put the Default_CARRIER_fido.png in there too

i tried both the first way and it didnt work

Thanks

try putting a capital f like FSO_CARRIER_Fido.png and if not that then try putting both your logos in the "/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/unknown.bundle" folder, with your carriers name being the <carrier name here> (yours would be Fido or fido i'm not sure). Restart Iphone, and should work

FSO_CARRIER_<carrier name here>

if not this then i'm fresh out of ideas sorry

Thanks

http://modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/4...go-help-2.html here

Quote Originally Posted by iphone3g82 View Post
    i found how to change the fido logo. after 1 year of tries. i spent 1 full day and i found that in the flashing they added that the carrier name is Fido . but in the default and FSO they used fido. so the systeme knows only there flashing and not the image ( .png )
    so what u have to do is get supreme preferences 3.0
    1rst reset the the network if u used Make it mine or carrier . then in settings - general go to the end on the page and click on reset and reset the network.
    2nd after that u downloaded the supreme perf 3.0 activate it in winterboard
    and go to stattus bar then in carrier click on shorcuts and choose fido (( don't type it )) click on the fido from the list below.
    respring ur iphone then in the status bar u will c ur Fido is now fido.
    SSH ( /system/library/Carrier Bundles/Fido_ca.bumdle and add ur new images )
    REBOOT AND DONT RESPRING

they sld be ( Default_CARRIER_fido.png and FSO_CARRIER_fido.png )

and the logo if u want the Nouveaufido or in english Newfido
    Default :

[IMG]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8...arrierfido.png[/IMG]

FSO :

[IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/707...arrierfido.png[/IMG]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

bloodyhands666 (2009-08-20)

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

I got this weird situation where I can customize my carrier logo through winterboard only.

If I go into my default carrier logo folder and drop the files in there, the custom logo doesn't show. Any ideas? I am not going to use winterboard any longer. Hopefully, someone knows why. Thanks.

I suspect the iphone is not using that folder. When I delete both of the files, it still shows up. I also tried the unknown folder. Nothing. What is going on??
    Last edited by duceduc; 2009-10-03 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

reboot your phone and sorry i havn't gotten back to your pm yet i dont' know how to fix your icon problem and looks like you got a carrier now i guess

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. i still don't have a logo yet.
    I did rebooted the phone. Still the original logo appears.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HungryHungryNico's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duceduc View Post
    I got this weird situation where I can customize my carrier logo through winterboard only.

If I go into my default carrier logo folder and drop the files in there, the custom logo doesn't show. Any ideas? I am not going to use winterboard any longer. Hopefully, someone knows why. Thanks.

I suspect the iphone is not using that folder. When I delete both of the files, it still shows up. I also tried the unknown folder. Nothing. What is going on??
    I'm not sure anyone can do this. I've tried deleting and changing the apple logo when you turn the iDevice on(which is in the same folder as the default carrier) but it doesn't let me. It's weird that it's not in the system since it's deleted yet it still displays it.

Thanks

what it's not the same folder one is in springboard.app the other is in carrier bundles youc an change your carrier logo without winterboard i don't know why this person isn't working though. what carrier are you in are you sure you are chagning the right logos?

Thanks

I must be in the wrong folder or something. I was putting the files in this dir "/System/Library/Carrier Bundles/"

You mentioned there is another one in springboard.app? What is the dir path? I think I am in the correct folder but I don't see the two specific file names. "/system/library/core services/springboard.app/"

I am with softbank btw.

Thanks

alright i'll find it no you were close the first time it's not in springboard.app that's what i was telling hte other person that they aren't in the same folder as the boot logo. but they are in System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ your carriers folder.bundle/ images here so i'll look through my phone see if i find it or is this an unlock to get to this? softbank where do you live?

i think softbank is just japan? am i right well so it will be in System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Softbank_jp.bundle/Default_CARRIER_SoftBank.png and FSO_CARRIER_SoftBank.png i hope that works after you change them reboot your iphone

Thanks

The path and file name you suggest is the exact path and file names I mirrored to my phone. Rebooted again and no change.
    It must be in a different folder. Grrrr.

Since I am with Softbank (japan), I noticed in the unknown folder, the to files that belongs to my carrier reads a different logo. It says ntt docomo. This is my custom files which I had below. However, I never put the files in the unknown folder. IDK.

Thanks

Well, after searching my iphone for awhile, I found another path where my carrier was stored. The path is:

private/var/mobile/library/carrier bundles

In the library folder there are two folders. One is called carrier bundle.bundle and the other is carrier bundles. I don't know which one I am suppose to drop the files in so I chose carrier bundles. It works.

So if anyone else is having trouble like I am. Try that path. I don't know why my phone is different than any other phones but it works. Thanks santaf the help.