Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hello everyone.. queston on animated themes

Default Hello everyone.. queston on animated themes
    Hello everyone.... kinda new to this... i'm pretty good at swishmax/photoshop and was wondering is there a way to use or convert flash so i can put it on the iphone

not really......no

ok so no flash..... i recon i need to find out what program to use to do animation/.gif or other formats on there.....

Thanks

I dont think you can use flash as your background etc on your iPhone, what you can do is have video's as your background, but this harms the iPhone's performance and battery life. If you are after a photo like slideshow, search for BossPaper in cydia, as this does exactly that, and does not use up much of the phones resources.

Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    I dont think you can use flash as your background etc on your iPhone, what you can do is have video's as your background, but this harms the iPhone's performance and battery life. If you are after a photo like slideshow, search for BossPaper in cydia, as this does exactly that, and does not use up much of the phones resources.
    thanks... but, i'm looking to make stuff like that... clocks and other stuff... i used to make animated sigs and other things i was just wondering how to make things for the iphone..... i know it can't be a resource hog as we don't have much to work with... here is an example of a clock i made...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1...rsclocknl9.swf
    Last edited by towboattrash34; 2009-08-13 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by towboattrash34 View Post
    thanks... but, i'm looking to make stuff like that... clocks and other stuff... i used to make animated sigs and other things i was just wondering how to make things for the iphone..... i know it can't be a resource hog as we don't have much to work with... here is an example of a clock i made...

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1...rsclocknl9.swf
    Thats pretty well done, but unfourtanetly i doubt you can transfer that directly. However, there are ways to have a live clock on the springboard, so you could play around with that, and make a widget, to get a similar sort of effect. I think in the screen shot or "Show of your theme thread" there was a screenie of someone who had made a widget with 2 clocks from different time zone's. So have a look into that!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea as lach said, widgets are the way to go if you know HTML. I am a noob when it comes to HTML but i have been working on a lock screen and wallpaper to work with winterboard that shows the time, weather, sports scores, and recent news.