Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing Lockscreen Theme "Tap To Unlock" back to "Slide to Unlock?"

Default Changing Lockscreen Theme "Tap To Unlock" back to "Slide to Unlock?"
    I downloaded a Lockscreen theme with a "Tap To Unlock" feature at the bottom.... but I want to change that and have it back to the Normal "Slide to Unlock" instead of just tapping it. What do I need to edit in the SpringBoard.strings to get back to the default slider? I tried putting the default StringBoard.strings file but it didn't work. Any other ideas? Would someone be willing to create me a Slide To Unlock theme that would just overwritte the tap theme that im using?
    Last edited by acenase; 2009-08-03 at 11:02 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Here are the three .png files for you.
    Did you install it with cydia or manually install?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Can't you just remove the theme you downloaded?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if it was installed with cydia you can uncheck it. ????

I manually installed it. by SSHing the folder in Themes. I like the Lockscreen Theme that I installed and it's perfect, the only thing I want to change is the "Tap To Unlock" back to the default "Slide to Unlock" so I put the default SpringBoard.strings in Bundles\com.apple.springboard\en.lproj and I put the images I wanted for the "Slide to Unlock" in Bundles\com.apple.TelephonyUI\ but it doesn't slide. It has the images but I still have to tap the bottom for it to unlock. I'm trying to figure out how to make it so I need to slide the image again.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

SSH and remove them all then respring it should go back to the default. The default is not stored in the themes folder. If you installed in a specific theme you can uncheck that theme and make sure it goes back to the original. If it does not then it was not changed in the theme folder. Hope this helps

That's not what he wants. He likes the lockscreen he has, he just wants the lockscreen to be sliding to unlock and not tapping.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kariodude View Post
    That's not what he wants. He likes the lockscreen he has, he just wants the lockscreen to be sliding to unlock and not tapping.
    There are three files associated with the tap to unlock (post 2), If he delete those three files then the default will be what he will be using. When I said remove them all I mean the three files not the whole theme. The lockscreen will only change if he deletes the lockscreen

The three files are named
    bottombarknobred
    bottombarknobgreen
    bottombarknobgray
    Last edited by JJMA; 2009-08-04 at 02:23 AM.

Yeah, if I uncheck the theme, it goes back to default... but I want to keep my lockscreen theme and have the Slide to Unlock....

so do I need to just create another theme with another Bundles folder that has those 3 images in it? Will that give me the slide to unlock back? I just can't seem to get the SLIDE feature back, as when I put the images in there, it shows up but it still unlocks by tapping...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So you have a theme that you build that has a lockscreen you like. What is the lockscreen theme you have it is just a picture right?

If so to stop having the tap to unlock go to "your theme folder and look for the folder
    TelephonyUI in there you should see the three files copy them to your desktop and then delete then from the phone respring. Now if that is not what you want copy them from your desktop back to that same folder and it will put them back. I use the tap to unlock type of slider in my theme and I just removed it like I said and it works for my phone. So it should work for yours. I have a lockscreen picture that does not change inless I change the file Lockscreen

I will take a look at building just a theme to change it when I am at work on Tuesday. I hope this helps you out
    Last edited by JJMA; 2009-08-04 at 03:19 AM.

Alright, Thanks!! It worked. in the \Bundles\com.apple.TelephonyUI folder, I had 2 files bottombarbkgndlock and bottombarknobgray and these 2 make up the image that I needed to "tap to unlock" on the lockscreen. After removing these 2, I finally got the default Slide to Unlock feature back, while keeping my Lockscreen theme.

What caused me to have the "Tap to Unlock" feature? was it just having those 2 images in the TelephonyUI folder? or was it because I had "bottombarbkgndlock" in there? I just added the 3 images you uploaded into the Lockscreen Theme TelephonyUI folder and it works to Slide to Unlock now. But I wanted those 2 images I had in there to be what I could slide to unlock, but it only makes it so I tap to unlock. why is this?
    Last edited by acenase; 2009-08-04 at 06:49 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acenase View Post
    Alright, Thanks!! It worked. in the Bundlescom.apple.TelephonyUI folder, I had 2 files bottombarbkgndlock and bottombarknobgray and these 2 make up the image that I needed to "tap to unlock" on the lockscreen. After removing these 2, I finally got the default Slide to Unlock feature back, while keeping my Lockscreen theme.

What caused me to have the "Tap to Unlock" feature? was it just having those 2 images in the TelephonyUI folder? or was it because I had "bottombarbkgndlock" in there? I just added the 3 images you uploaded into the Lockscreen Theme TelephonyUI folder and it works to Slide to Unlock now. But I wanted those 2 images I had in there to be what I could slide to unlock, but it only makes it so I tap to unlock. why is this?
    First there are three files that you put in ther when you manually did the tap to unlock
    The three files are named
    bottombarknobred to turn off
    bottombarknobgreen to answer a call
    bottombarknobgray to unlock
    Attached it the default bottombarbkgndlock file it is the background that the slider is in. It looks like it gets streached across the scree. The three files above made the tap to unlock. So you want it to say tap to uplock but you want to have to slide it to unlock? So what are you looking for
    appearance? Slide or Tap
    Text? Slide to unlock or tap to unlock
    Attached Images Attached Images