Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Working on a full Zelda theme

Default Working on a full Zelda theme
    My Zelda Theme may or may not have Icons. Right now I'm leaning towards only modding the stock icons, leave them the same style as the iPhone, but putting Zelda-esque things in them. The phone could be an Ocarina, Mail could be a bottle etc. Here is what I have so far. Looking for suggestions I guess. This is the first theme I've tried to make ever.

The little mushrooms for page dots I will probably change to something else. That was something I had done before deciding to do a full Zelda theme. The Signal in the top left is like a magic bar. I was hoping to make it a little wider but can't figure out how. It depletes with lower signals obviously. The Heart is the Wifi connection. Full heart down to a quarter heart. Fun stuff.

The first image is just starting up Cydia, but that Triforce is spinning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0492.png   -img_0493.png  
    Last edited by Kariodude; 2009-07-30 at 04:24 AM.

Little bit of an update here. Made some of the icons and got the other loading animations filled in.

In the first picture I have 4 blank icons in the middle for no reason. The 3rd Icon at the bottom is for text messaging. It's right in the middle. Just looks like a sign post.

Second picture just shows the Rupee up at the top. It's shimmering. Not much else to this picture.

Third picture is showing the chicken. It's running in place I suppose. So that gives you a Triforce Loader, Rupee Loader, and Chicken Loader. Fun stuff. Still looking for more suggestions!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0498.png   -img_0499.png   -img_0500.png  

Thanks

Not a bad start . I've always been a huge Zelda fan and it looks pretty good. I like the idea of the text (messages) app being the sign post. I know you said you were going to keep the icons kind of like the stock ones, but with different items, but what if you change the icons that were sitting just above the dock (in the grass area) and made them look like little shops/houses?
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

That's not a bad idea. Unfortunately, not everyone keeps the same apps at the bottom. I usually have Email, Internet, Phone, Text, Something Random.

Ok, made two more icons for the bottom. One is a mailbox from the front of a house (Email) and the other is a building with the front blown open with the phone icon on the roof (Phone obviously)

Also, I went ahead and made a lockscreen. It says HEY! LISTEN! and you drag Navi across. Also, I put in lock/unlock sounds. It's the pause/unpause sounds from Ocarina of Time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0504.png   -img_0505.png  

Thanks

Looking good. In my last post I had commented about the shops/house. What if you created those for the AppStore, iTunes, and Cydia/Icy. They could go in the grass places above the dock.

Keep it up.

That's the great thing about those icons. I realized I could make them transparent for the parts around the objects, so even putting them in the top are, it still fits in just fine. Probably going to do a lot more like that.

Two screenshots of the homescreen so you can see which apps are what.

Also, a screenshot showing SMS boxes and the Pegasus Boots icon for 3G.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0508.png   -img_0509.png   -img_0510.png  

I think I'm getting ready to release this. Just trying to make sure there isn't any big things I'm leaving unedited. Here is another screen for eye candy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0520.png  

Looks good! Maybe u can put an ocorina on the iPod icon!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Looks good! Maybe u can put an ocorina on the iPod icon!
    There is an ocarina on the iPod icon. It's the blue thing in the middle of it. Most people don't seem to recognize it, but it's the one from Link to the Past. Then it was just called the flute. I could draw my own sprite though to look more like the one from Ocarina of Time so it will be more recognizable.

Thanks

Look pretty sweet now! I'll have to check it out when you release it.

I think I'm gonna add a dialer to it tonight. Then I guess just upload it to the MMi repo. I'll post screenies before I do.