Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Request: A cool 3GS icon to replace the normal 3G

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Request: A cool 3GS icon to replace the normal 3G
    Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to undertake this task. It would be cool for all of us 3GS users. 3G > 3GS Thanks to anyone who tackles this.

Ray
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

so what do you want? like the 3G network part to be 3GS instead?

Do you mean 3GS > 3G or 3G < 3GS?

Thanks

question on this i'm sure he meant 3GS > 3G i just don't know what he wan't sto change on the phone if it's the normal 3G part then i made something for the 3GS it's jte the S part of the logo but i like it tell me if you want to check it out or if you want me to make you a 3GS one just tell me what you want it to be like.

Thanks

here is a 3GS thing i made to replace the 3G i can make it in whatever color people want so just pm me if you want a different color if you want to use it i found out you have to use botht he FSO_UMTS_ON.png and the FSO_EDGE_ON.png and same wit the Default... images so chose which one you want i made two different ones so i could tell when i'm on edge or when i'm on 3G i posted my whole theme and the images seperately

edit: i put it in the downloads section under iphone theme/other it's called 3G to S there is green, red, pink, and white so far pm if you want another color preferably with a color number such as #00FF00

I believe rwin84 just wants to replace the logo on top to show 3GS instead of the plain 3G that now appears on the top using the same font. I would love that too.

Thanks

yeah that's what i thought which is why i made one but it's not just a simple 3GS word like the 3G is it's a cool logo of the S that is on the box but with differente colors have you checked those out? just go to main/iphone themes/other and they will be called 3G to S if you want just a plain text then alright i'll make that for you and put it on here just let me know

8. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

tomricci (2009-09-01)

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    yeah that's what i thought which is why i made one but it's not just a simple 3GS word like the 3G is it's a cool logo of the S that is on the box but with differente colors have you checked those out? just go to main/iphone themes/other and they will be called 3G to S if you want just a plain text then alright i'll make that for you and put it on here just let me know
    Thanks that's real nice of you, I did see the "s" ones but prefer to have a simple 3GS in the same font as the one there now for 3G. If you create one what file does it go in? where is the 3G logo stored in the iphone? I use iphone browser to access the files. Thank for you help, Tom

Thanks

i'll put it all in the right folders where you jsut have to put it into the winterboard themes folder and activate it or if you want to actualy replace the images and you don't use winterboard then it's located in /System/Library/Core Services/SpringBoard.app/ like i said earlier you need to replace FSO_UMTS_ON.png and FSO_EDGE_ON.png along with the Default_UMTS_ON.png and Default_EDGE_ON.png another question i have is what color are your status bars are they still the default that when you open an app it's white and when you are on your home screen it is black?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

tomricci (2009-09-01)

i'll put it all in the right folders where you jsut have to put it into the winterboard themes folder and activate it or if you want to actualy replace the images and you don't use winterboard then it's located in /System/Library/Core Services/SpringBoard.app/ like i said earlier you need to replace FSO_UMTS_ON.png and FSO_EDGE_ON.png along with the Default_UMTS_ON.png and Default_EDGE_ON.png another question i have is what color are your status bars are they still the default that when you open an app it's white and when you are on your home screen it is black?
    I can use the Winterboard probably be easier. my stats are white. And thanks again, I really do appreciate your time in doing this

Thanks

well both are easy hah just int he replacing the images you gotta reboot your iphone afterwards not restore but reboot hah jsut so you don't get mixed up if you decide that way. but here they are
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

niggza (2009-09-01), tomricci (2009-09-01)

well both are easy hah just int he replacing the images you gotta reboot your iphone afterwards not restore but reboot hah jsut so you don't get mixed up if you decide that way. but here they are
    got them they seem to be to big and there are not white are they? need the same font size as the regular 3G

Also to be more clear I'm using a transparent status bar with white fonts, it would also be cool to have the options for a solid status bar too, when my status bar is solid its gray.

if this makes it easier here are two screen captures one of home screen where you can barely see it and the other on a gray status bar http://i25.tinypic.com/htia9s.png and http://i29.tinypic.com/30w6vti.png hope this helps
    Last edited by tomricci; 2009-09-01 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

haha my bad ooopsss hah wow your status thing is really full well how is this it'll be smaller than the 3G because you are adding the S in the same amount of width well i made it a big wider hopefully it fits
    Attached Files Attached Files

17. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

tomricci (2009-09-01)

haha my bad ooopsss hah wow your status thing is really full well how is this it'll be smaller than the 3G because you are adding the S in the same amount of width well i made it a big wider hopefully it fits
    Ok great thats the one looks perfect for me, thanks again!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

tomricci (2009-09-01)