Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best theme for iphone 3GS

Default Best theme for iphone 3GS
    Hi
    There are too many themes out there, am currently using the "i'elegance" theme atm, and i love the theme, although it has few problems here and there.

Basically i just want to know, which theme is currently the best one out there, or anything similar to "i'elegence" theme?

Please also provide a link to the theme you mention.

Thank you

I am using the beta for the iElegance Pro theme. It is in my opinion the best out there. If you do not donate then you would have to wait till Bars does the public release. Hope this helps.

There is no "best" theme, its all personal preference.

Theme choice depends person's own personality and choice.Which one is best to me may seem the worse to you.For this I will suggest to search for a varity of themes and choose the best one as you think.I think it is the safest way.

True, it all depends on the users taste.

I love the i'elegence theme, and was wondering if theres anything similar out there....

Thanks
    Last edited by shahed26; 2009-07-20 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks

You could go to the themes section and look.....

While it is true that themes are a matter of personal preference, I think there are a few themes that stand out of the overwhelming majority of themes that are just plain awful. I think it fair to say that we can divide icon themes into two groups:

1. Those that follow Apple's path of uniform icon shapes
    2. Those that follow desktop-style icons

We can further subdivide those into themes into:

1. Those that come with 20-100 icons and are not supported by the original author
    2. Those that are started by someone and additional people add icons based on templates provided
    3. Those that come with well over 1,000 icons

Frankly, icon themes without continued support and below 1,000 are essentially usel;ess, since eventually the theme will break and you will end up with an inconsistent mix of icons and no real theme.

Personally, I don't like Apple's rounded square buttons. I also don't like any of the other themes on Cydia or here at MMi that follow this path. I understand that it is easier to create a unified look if you have all icons with the same shape (Apple, iElegance, etc.) and I provide some of those theme styles myself (see More Packages for examples). In particular, such themes don't have to deal with transparency, since all you need is a frame into which you can paste standard images. The problem with such themes is that eventually icons all look the same and not distinctive enough to find them in multiple pages. Another problem, particularly with iElegance is that many icons are much too detailed and are hard to associate with a particular app, particularly, since this theme does not work well with icon labels. The same is true for the Leaf theme, which does have text, but often overwhelms the icon image.

So I think there are exactly three themes that I personally like and fulfill the criteria I apply to themes I download: Buuf2, Stereo Leopard's, and my own Aqwoah. Arguably, Buuf2 is the most original and artistic theme available for the iPhone. While there is some variability in individual icons, since different authors contribute to that theme, it is nevertheless very distinctive and unique. Aqwoah and Stereo's theme provide Mac-style icons that use existing icons or variations thereof. Both have well over 1,000 app icons and actively supported. The disadvantage of Aqwoah is that it's only available to donors, but that comes with a prompt service of filling icon requests.

Obviously, this a biased and subjective post, so don't flame me. These are just my 2 cents.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

h4mid (2009-08-09), IvanPK (2009-07-20)

Go to macciti.com and take a look to those themes, they are awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

ill... something. its my favorite.

Of course I would say ILLUMINE...

Manual download for theme: http://projects.soundpostmusic.com/

Found the theme i was looking for, and i think its the best one out there, i just love it.
    Its by toyvan, and its called "glass orb colour"

It depends with everyone's interest...
    For now, I like to use Palm Pre theme in my 3GS

Default iRock Theme
    Or... You could think outside the box and try out my new theme. You can download it from the iRock Release Thread bottom of page 4. For some reason i cant edit my thread and upload photos anymore. Have a look and let me know what you think. Rock on...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -irockbeta3.png  
    Last edited by zausser; 2009-08-10 at 05:32 AM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zausser For This Useful Post:

manja (2010-05-15), MrJumperBA (2009-11-27), smallville37 (2009-10-21)

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    While it is true that themes are a matter of personal preference, I think there are a few themes that stand out of the overwhelming majority of themes that are just plain awful. I think it fair to say that we can divide icon themes into two groups:

1. Those that follow Apple's path of uniform icon shapes
    2. Those that follow desktop-style icons

We can further subdivide those into themes into:

1. Those that come with 20-100 icons and are not supported by the original author
    2. Those that are started by someone and additional people add icons based on templates provided
    3. Those that come with well over 1,000 icons

Frankly, icon themes without continued support and below 1,000 are essentially usel;ess, since eventually the theme will break and you will end up with an inconsistent mix of icons and no real theme.

Personally, I don't like Apple's rounded square buttons. I also don't like any of the other themes on Cydia or here at MMi that follow this path. I understand that it is easier to create a unified look if you have all icons with the same shape (Apple, iElegance, etc.) and I provide some of those theme styles myself (see More Packages for examples). In particular, such themes don't have to deal with transparency, since all you need is a frame into which you can paste standard images. The problem with such themes is that eventually icons all look the same and not distinctive enough to find them in multiple pages. Another problem, particularly with iElegance is that many icons are much too detailed and are hard to associate with a particular app, particularly, since this theme does not work well with icon labels. The same is true for the Leaf theme, which does have text, but often overwhelms the icon image.

So I think there are exactly three themes that I personally like and fulfill the criteria I apply to themes I download: Buuf2, Stereo Leopard's, and my own Aqwoah. Arguably, Buuf2 is the most original and artistic theme available for the iPhone. While there is some variability in individual icons, since different authors contribute to that theme, it is nevertheless very distinctive and unique. Aqwoah and Stereo's theme provide Mac-style icons that use existing icons or variations thereof. Both have well over 1,000 app icons and actively supported. The disadvantage of Aqwoah is that it's only available to donors, but that comes with a prompt service of filling icon requests.

Obviously, this a biased and subjective post, so don't flame me. These are just my 2 cents.
    Just finished up with downloading and installing the Aqwoah theme...absolutely the nicest one (my opinion, I understand)....has many, many icons so many other themes lack...the developer did an outstanding job on this

Thanks

Macbook is an excellent theme..