Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Text Strings

Default Text Strings
    Hi together!

Anybody knows where the textstrings are located on a OS 3.0 iphone? I want to delete the Lockscreen-Text "slide to unlock". I tried to download a theme with own textstrings and modify them and activate with winterboard, but this doesnt work.

Greets Ruda

You need to create your own theme in winterboard.
    -First make a folder on desktop, name it anything you want, I called mine text string.
    -In that folder make a folder called Bundles.
    -Then make a folder in Bundles, call it com.apple.springboard.
    -In this folder make another folder and call it en.Iproj. Click into that folder. Once in that folder left click and select new, text document. In text document input this directly as I put including parathenes.

"AWAY_LOCK_LABEL"="TURN ME ON";
    "POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL"="LIGHTS OUT";
    "SLIDE_TO_ANSWER"="SOMEONES CALLIN";

Where I wrote turn me on, lights out, someones callin, put what you want. Make sure to save.

Next ssh into iphone hit backspace three times then click private, var, stash, themes. In themes folder you should notice all other themes you have in winterboard. This is where you place the desktop folder you created with all the sub folders. Go back into winterboard on iphone and click on theme and respring. Hope that helps!

You don't need to make your own theme.

Just download and edit this file with a program (Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - Stock 3.0 SpringBoard.strings). I like using Notepad++ (.:: NOTEPAD++ ::.).

Then SSH it into your phone into "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj"
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    You don't need to make your own theme.

Just download and edit this file with a program (Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - Stock 3.0 SpringBoard.strings). I like using Notepad++ (.:: NOTEPAD++ ::.).

Then SSH it into your phone into "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj"
    Yeah there is that way to but doesn't that permantly change the text?

Yes. How often do people change their strings? I changed it once and kept them since then. :-P
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

use the iFile and change text string right on your phone

Thanx for ure answers guys, I will test it out at home later!

Have a nice day!