Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding a font...

Default Adding a font...
    I can't figure out how to convert the .plist file into XML so that I may edit it. I am on windows... Anywho all I want to do is use Arial Narrow font. Since I can't seem to convert a .plist I repalce the stock Arial file with the narrow... Spring didn't like that and I ended up with a sad iPhone.

This seems like a lot of work for something so simple, all I want is a simple, clean, narrow font so that all my text fits on screen... Arial Narrow fits that.

Any help on installing this font?

Here is what my theme looks like so far.

Looks exactly like another theme but the coding and scripts for that one were so horrible I ended up making all new scripts. So I've spent a considerable amount of time on this as it is... I'm just getting annoyed!

Which plist and where? I will do it for you.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

If I recall off hand it would be /System/Library/Font CGFontCache.Plist. As I said I'm trying to put in a 'custom' font so that I may use it in my themes info.plist which I have no problem editing.

//Edit: The font will be going into the main cache folder, if that makes any difference under ArialN.ttf
    Last edited by Ventrik; 2009-07-14 at 02:48 AM.

Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

podzus (2009-07-14), Ventrik (2009-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    Here you go.
    Odd, I can't download it. Just opens to a blank page...

Try this link:
    CGFontCache.zip

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

Ventrik (2009-07-14)

Dose it need to be converted back because it seems to reject my font still, I know I've the font in that cache file correctly. Is there any Windows based ways to run this conversion by chance?

No, you can still use converted plists and strings in the iPhones like normal. Maybe you are doing something wrong when trying to install the new font.

Hmm well I'm using a guide located here: [Tutorial] Adding Extra Fonts to iPhone - gaurav’s rants

When I followed it exactly and used his example font I had no problems. But my Airal Narrow... Now it's still giving me issues, even though it's a copy and paste of the working code. I suppose it's just the TTF file then, how depressing. I really wanted a nice narrow font to pull that calender up from off the screen. That's my only issue with the text going below the screen line, the font is just to tall. A smaller font dose just the trick!

//Edit: Ignore me, I got it to work.
    Last edited by Ventrik; 2009-07-14 at 05:40 AM.

Would you mind explaining in a post how you got it to work for future reference?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    Would you mind explaining in a post how you got it to work for future reference?
    I didn't change ArialN.ttf to ArialNarrow.ttf. That seemed to do the trick. I then refereed to it as Arial Narrow. Once I made the name adjustment it went through. That or I had a typo somewhere...

Now I need to work on my Lockscreen... I'm working from old WB themes that no longer work for 3.0 and only for 2.x. So I'm fighting with everything along the way, worse off is the fact I can't code . I'm guessing my way through in a sense.

Very kewl theme... How did you do that?