Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weathericon looks like this ---> ?

Default weathericon looks like this ---> ?
    And that's all she wrote!

Since I upgraded to 3.0 weathericon has been updated 2 times I believe and so far I have no weather in the status bar. In fact I don't have live weather on accuweather or TWC at all.

Just a happy, mocking ?

I am using Katra's weathericon theme and I can't seem to figure this out.

I am also using the beautiful theme if this helps anyone.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

If your using more than 1 HTML script at once than it will do that.

so what should I remove out of the equation?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ yeah, what he said.
    My friend Khaida has this same deal cpjr, explain a bit more if you would.
    Should I delete all the html in the theme? or what, this one is way over my head. zing...........................O_o

im glad a mod asked that question, I was feeling a bit uneducated there for a minute :-)

Oh wait I think I misread your problem.

Im using Weathericon with 3.0 and its works perfect. Make sure your settings are correct under "settings - weathericon" and if your using TWC Max you have to input a "custom" command line, which I can give you if you need it.

PS- But to rule out the HTML issue, in winterboard turn off anything that runs an HTML script and see if the issue persists.

as far as i can tell my settings are correct, at least the same as they were before 3.0

I am using accuweather.com which is what i used before. But like I said, it doesn't even show up on the actual icon let alone the status bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

OK thanks, had me buzzin........................

edit, I found her problem, she was using MIM and her name was so long it pushed everything over. I shorten it to 6 letters and works okey dokey now.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-12 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    OK thanks, had me buzzin........................

edit, I found her problem, she was using MIM and her name was so long it pushed everything over. I shorten it to 6 letters and works okey dokey now.
    so mim pushed it all the way over and caused a ?

odd, I will have to play with that to see what I can come up with.

did all the suggestions and still got nothing :-(

Reset MiM to have it say AT&T, turned everything off other then weathericon, made sure settings were proper, and still got nothing.

I must be missing something here
    Last edited by boe_dye; 2009-07-13 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Oh wait I think I misread your problem.

Im using Weathericon with 3.0 and its works perfect. Make sure your settings are correct under "settings - weathericon" and if your using TWC Max you have to input a "custom" command line, which I can give you if you need it.

PS- But to rule out the HTML issue, in winterboard turn off anything that runs an HTML script and see if the issue persists.
    What is the identifier string for TWC Max? Is there a way to get this using iFile or another tool on the iPhone.

indecently, I fixed the problem. Apparently weathericon doesn't play well with either TWC or accuweather.

Changed it over to iphone weather and everything started working as it should.

Sorry I didn't post that any sooner, i've been busy.

So what was the TWC Max identifier?

Thanks

My TWC works fine with WeatherIcon...

i don't know as I didn't use weather max. I used the standard OEM iPhone weather application.

And to answer your other question, no you can't do anything with iFile. Alls that does is creates a folder stored in the same place as your photographs that allows you to turn your phone into "disc mode" for all intent and purposes.

Needless to say that the only good it does is gives you the ability to carry data.

both TWC and accuweather kept giving me that silly little ? on EVERYTHING. It wasn't until I used iPhone weather that things started working properly.
    Last edited by boe_dye; 2009-07-29 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

TWC regular worked for me after changing the settings. But I can't figure out this TWC Max.

com.yourcompany.TWCMax is what you use for the paid TWC Max app.