Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weathericon question

Exclamation Weathericon question
    Ok I have the weathericon installed and the icon itself use to update it's picture like if it was raining it would show grey clouds and rain. Or if it's night it would show a moon. But now it just shows a bright *** sun all day everyday with the correct temp though. What else do I have to install? Any help?
    No link... Thanks

Mine did this once. Make sure under your WeatherIcon settings that your have "Use Local Time" set to on. Let me know if that works.

Nope still shows the bright sun

Hmmm. I remember this happening darn it. Make sure your stock apple weather app has your location as the first one. Reboot. See what happens. You could try reinstalling weathericon again.

I've been wondering about this too, i remember it working just fine on my 2G...
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

I have it on my 3gs working fine. One more thing. Do you have the Katra weather icon theme activated in Winterboard? I've always had them both installed. I always thought they both had to be installed. Not sure though. Give it a shot and reboot to make sure.

There it is I gotta have katra installed. Thanks

Awesome! Glad I could help.

Hold on...... Ok it shows the moon now but it still doesn't show the weather effects. Like when I click on the weather icon it'll show clouds and stuff but it doesn't when on the icon or status bar

Quote Originally Posted by JonFolse View Post
    Hold on...... Ok it shows the moon now but it still doesn't show the weather effects. Like when I click on the weather icon it'll show clouds and stuff but it doesn't when on the icon or status bar
    The weather conditions may not match exactly to your weather app. What's it showing now?

Its been showing the bright sun all day today
    No link... Thanks

Hmmmm. Okay, lets do this.
    1) Unistall the WeatherIcon.
    2) Uncheck the Katra Weather Icon from Winterboard.
    3) Reboot (not respring)
    4) Reinstall WeatherIcon and dont forget to check "Use Local Time".
    5) Re-check Katra Weather Icon in Winterboard
    6) Make sure the stock Apple Weather app has the location you want to use.
    7) Reboot just to make sure

This is how I have mine set up. If it still does not work then maybe something else is interferring with it.

Are you still on the 1st gen iPhone? That may or may not have something to do with it.I'm on a 3GS with 3.0 but it was also working on my 3G with 2.2.1.

Good luck man!!

i have this same problem to

it was workin fine before

i dont have winterboard

i just dropped all the pics in the springboard folder

it been showing sunny all day even now at night

i tryed reinstallin weathericon but still showing sunny