Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tutorial on how to install custom themes?

Default Tutorial on how to install custom themes?
    I searched the forums but didn't yield any results ( Words I used were too common?)

is there a quick tutroial for dummies on how to install custom themes on my phone (3GS jb with purplera1n). I dowloaded iPhoneBroswer and messed around with it for awhile last night. do I download the themes and just just drag the appropiate files in the folders found in iphonebrowser program? or is theRe a simpler program out there that uses a different method?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by bluexselvedge; 2009-07-11 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi

Nope, that's about it. If you have winter board, just put a tick by it and have fun.
    The path is root>private>var>stash>themes.******* Just drop it in themes.***
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-11 at 07:29 PM.

Or if you are good enough with SSH you can go in and theme without using Winterboard.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

thanks for the welcome! blk... Whatdo u mean by tick? (sorryfor the noon question)

I am quit new to this but the themes I like here in the forums are not found in winterboard. I downloaded a few files here in the forum and wasn't sure if I just drag the whole downloaded theme folder into the theme folder in iphonebrowser or certain files/folders go into certain folders. no chance of bricking my phone right? lol

is iphonebrowser the easist tool to use? any other programs you recommend? thanks again
    Last edited by bluexselvedge; 2009-07-11 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks

Tick or check mark in winter board to activate the theme. You can drag the whole theme into the themes folder.
    No, no chance of bricking your phone, the best thing about the iPhone is that you can always restore in iTunes to a fresh phone. I actually restore my phone and re-jailbreak about once a month to clean it out, and I enjoy doing it also.
    iPhonebrowser is a very popular tool that give you access to the file system, I personally like WinSCP, the main difference is that WinSCP uses a Wifi connection instead of the USB.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-11 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluexselvedge View Post
    thanks for the welcome! blk... Whatdo u mean by tick? (sorryfor the noon question)
    I think she means a check mark.

I am quit new to this but the themes I like here in the forums are not found in winterboard. I downloaded a few files here in the forum and wasn't sure if I just drag the whole downloaded theme folder into the theme folder in iphonebrowser or certain files/folders go into certain folders. no chance of bricking my phone right? lol
    As long as the themes you downloaded are set up in Winterboard format (which I would say 99% are, unless the person making it doesn't use Winterboard). Bricking your iPhone would be pretty tough to do with themes. By the way, bricking is not really an issue anymore because you can always just restore the iPhone.

is iphonebrowser the easist tool to use? any other programs you recommend? thanks again
    I like WinSCP for Windows and Cyberduck for OSX. I think it's basically preference. Not sure if any ways is "easier".

Edit: Dang it blkcadi!
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post

Edit: Dang it blkcadi!

thanks for the help guys. going to give it a try when I get home from work. I had the 1st gen and 3g iPhone and was using howardforums as my main tech forum(ha!). I think I found a new forum

Thanks

thanks for the help guys. going to give it a try when I get home from work. I had the 1st gen and 3g iPhone and was using howardforums as my main tech forum(ha!). I think I found a new forum
    LOLZ, nice we aim to please. Glad you're here, enjoy.....................O_o

how do i download theme from pc to iphone
    i have 3g 3.0 jailbreak please let me know

how do i bring iphone on my pc i am using vista

someone out there can't reply my questions ?
    Last edited by jedsami; 2009-07-11 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

you need to have app called winscp
    then you need to have your iphone on wireless network to get the ip address from it (wireless settings on your iphone)
    log on as login: root and pass:alpine

remember to install openssh from cydia

hope it helped a bit

Thanks

^ the answer was given in above posts.
    But, phone must be jailbroken.
    you download theme to your desktop, extract if needed.
    Use WinSCP or iPhonebrowser to access you file system, navigate to path described in post #2. Put theme in the folder "Themes.****" open winterboard, put a check by it exit and enjoy.