Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: Changing ANY carrier logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Here it is. Put this inside Springboard.app and reboot
    Hey Man! Thanks! It worked!!

Guys,

I have been trying from past 3 days to change the carrier text but unable to do so.

I am running 1.1.1 and I have created the two files named 'Default_CARRIER_VODAFONE' and 'FSO_CARRIER_VODAFONE'. I place them using SFTP to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

Then I change the SpringBoard (in the same folder). But I feel that I am not putting the right file there. There are like 5-6 copies of SpringBoard on this thread and I have tried everyone of them. I would appreciate if someone can direct me to the correct one.

Is it really necessary to change the SpringBoard? Everytime I change the SpringBoard and restart, my iphone gets stuck at apple logo. Even if I put back the old SpringBoard and restart, the phone is stuck at apple logo. So I end up restoring to 1.1.1 and do the whole process using Independence to make it work.

I have also tried Customize 1.1.7 available in installer and it also fails to change the carrier text.

Any help on this would be appreciable.

Quote Originally Posted by PvD View Post
    here are the steps i performed to change my carrier logo, i had to replace some files to make it work, ill post it step by step what i did so you wont get confused

first of all you need to have a graphic of your carrier, or making any graphic to show, wanna know how to do it?? check here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1127

After you have the logo, make a copy of it, and name one as
    Default_CARRIER_ATT.png
    and the second one should be
    FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png

after you've done that, upload both files to: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    and replace them over the originals

then download a patched springboard here
    http://rapidshare.com/files/55713719/SpringBoard
    and place it here:
    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
    over the original

reboot iphone, and you are done

any comments are welcome

Warning: Don't patch springboard with iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser or anything else that can't make sure its permissions are set to 0755. This has been locking people out of their springboard. Use an SSH client instead and insure that the new springboard file has 0755 permissions before disconnecting. -Unclear

how do i set to 775

How do I change carrier logo on firmware 1.1.2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by longgiang81 View Post
    For version 1.1.1 ( pass : PDAVIET.NET )
    Thanks passed on and crisis averted due to patched springboard working. all i can say is PHEW!!!!!!
    <a href=http://www.brooksphotography.tv target=_blank>http://www.brooksphotography.tv</a>

Quote Originally Posted by longgiang81 View Post
    How do I change carrier logo on firmware 1.1.2 ?
    id like to know as well

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mbat01 For This Useful Post:

euoba (2007-11-27)

Quote Originally Posted by mbat01 View Post
    http://blog.zjlotto.com/resserver.ph...rrier_logo.zip

100% working!

patched springboard 1.1.2
    works great! thanks a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHK View Post
    I am a user in Bahrain and first wanted to change the carrier logo. However, using the modified springboard or Hex editor apparently means that the carrier logo you choose will be the same carrier logo you see even when roaming. For me, since I travel a lot and it is important to know which carrier I am on, I didn't install it.

HOWEVER, as with the Rogers user, it annoyed me that the carrier name was too long for the screen and only the first 3 letter appeared with "..." I wanted to change this at least. What I did was change the font size through a Hex editor and now though my carrier logo still says the name of my carrier, at least the whole name appears
    Hey, do you think you could help me reduce my font size for my carrier name? I've tried to hex edit the springboard file a million times (both on 1.0.2 and 1.1.1) and it has never worked. The font was always the same. My offset was not the same as specified on i.unlock.no.

Am i missing something here? I would need to have my carrier logo show but right now i just removed it and set a transparent logo.

Quote Originally Posted by mbat01 View Post
    http://blog.zjlotto.com/resserver.ph...rrier_logo.zip

100% working!

patched springboard 1.1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    works great! thanks a lot!!
    I just tried the new patched Springboard for changing my carrier logo on 1.1.2 and it doesn't work properly.

Yes, the logo changed, but I lost the ability to scroll through my apps on the Springboard. I changed my Springboard back to my original (I made a backup) and my 2nd page of apps are all there now (but not my custom carrier logo).

Hi,

ive a 1.1.2 with the patched springboard.

Ive replaced the to ATT Carrier Logos with my custom icons.
    In the springboard App-overview it is the custom carrier icon,
    but if i go into an app, it shows the text AT&T and not the custom icon.

Please help.

mfg

muggi

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

thanx everyone for the 1.1.1 file
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneluv View Post
    Any can tell me how to change the TEXT for the carrier? not the logo, but the text itself. Thanks
    Erica has added a new app that does this exact thing. the app is called MakeItMine.

Link: http://ericasadun.com/?p=86

Spectacular!!!!! Finally something which work with 1.1.1.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default i need help
    i did every thing on 1.1.2 and now im stuck on apple logo what do i do

has anyone been able to change their carrier logo in 1.1.2?

i have backed up all the default_carrer and FSO_carrier images, then deleted them from the iphone, and STILL my carrier logo displays the actual carrier name. in my case it says "SpeakOut" where as, i have changed it to an image i am trying to use.

I have tried using MIM by erica, but it crashes on 1.1.2 (alteast on my iphone)

***EDIT***

i am no genuis or have any knowledge of the filesystem, but i think this may be the reason why i am not able to change my carrier logo on 1.1.2

as stated above, i have deleted all the carrier references from the
    /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app/

yet, my carrier image still displays in text "SpeakOut"

what i think is happening on 1.1.2 is that since apple is providing unlocked phones that the iphone reads the simcard for any provider that is not listed on the iphone and writes out that carrier name.

for example - people are able to change their O2, Vodaphone, ATT and T-Mobile carrier images because the iphone reads their sim and then accesses that file to display their carrier.

However, people with different carriers, the iphone does not have a icon file to reference, and it writes out the carrier name in text.

therefore when i deleted all of my default_carrier and FSO_carrier files, my "SpeakOut" was still displayed.

maybe someone with filesystem and OS knowledge can shed some light one my hypothesis.

Last edited by m.clizzle; 2007-11-27 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m.clizzle View Post
    maybe someone with filesystem and OS knowledge can shed some light one my hypothesis.

[/B][/COLOR]
    You're essentially correct. The built-in logos are in fact there because they are the only wireless companies Apple actually supports (or intends to support). There's a GSM database which all wireless carriers must to build into their phones (whether they are locked or not) which will display the text of the carrier they are connecting to, while roaming.

I for one, without modification, get "Rogers Wireless" scrolling back and forth, quite annoying. If MiM is crashing on your iPhone, I would suggest getting the Springboard 112 patch (do a thread search) which will always show the AT&T Logo no matter which carrier you're with. This enables you to make make new logos simply by replacing the original AT&T logo that's built in.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

m.clizzle (2007-11-27)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    You're essentially correct. The built-in logos are in fact there because they are the only wireless companies Apple actually supports (or intends to support). There's a GSM database which all wireless carriers must to build into their phones (whether they are locked or not) which will display the text of the carrier they are connecting to, while roaming.

I for one, without modification, get "Rogers Wireless" scrolling back and forth, quite annoying. If MiM is crashing on your iPhone, I would suggest getting the Springboard 112 patch (do a thread search) which will always show the AT&T Logo no matter which carrier you're with. This enables you to make make new logos simply by replacing the original AT&T logo that's built in.

Eurisko - thanks. i have seen links for the springboard patch, but have been reluctant to apply it.

Hello, just rename your default CARRIER to Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and it works
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcore_muggi View Post
    Hi,

ive a 1.1.2 with the patched springboard.

Ive replaced the to ATT Carrier Logos with my custom icons.
    In the springboard App-overview it is the custom carrier icon,
    but if i go into an app, it shows the text AT&T and not the custom icon.

Please help.

mfg

muggi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by euoba View Post
    Hello, just rename your default CARRIER to Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and it works
    You actually have to rename two files...

Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

Dripps (2007-11-27)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast