Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To: Changing ANY carrier logo

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

nope still doesn't work for me. even with customize app
     Think Different

Anybody who wants, I think the easiest thing to do is send me your springboard file and I can modify it for you and send it back. Since the modified one thats hosted doesn't work for some. You can either send me a PM and I can give you my email or you can just attach it here and I can modify it for you guys.

Thanks

Just an update, just with aziatiklover, it did not work for me, even with the customise app also. Come on Mentch, i sent you a message. Did you get it? My email address was in it. I would greatly appreciate it if you send me a modified springboard file to try as all else has failed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kofster View Post
    Just an update, just with aziatiklover, it did not work for me, even with the customise app also. Come on Mentch, i sent you a message. Did you get it? My email address was in it. I would greatly appreciate it if you send me a modified springboard file to try as all else has failed.
    Here it is. Put this inside Springboard.app and reboot
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

kofster (2007-10-08), nzbullet (2007-10-15)

Thanks

Eurisko, you are a god! I want to thank you man! This is the file! Apparently the one that those people are hosting, something is wrong with. I can now see my name on my iPhone! Who hoooooooo. I am so happy dude. Gone are the dumb numbers that occupied my iPhone's display! I now have my own name there! Plus, if anyone were to steal my phone, they'll be in for a big surprise when they switch SIMs. Thank you man. May I go so far as to even ask you for your IM name so we can chat now and then? LOl. But no, seriously, we should....

will hexediting it work for 1.1.1's patched springboard?

anyone know how to fix this for rogers?? it dont seems to change after i renamed the files...

I am a user in Bahrain and first wanted to change the carrier logo. However, using the modified springboard or Hex editor apparently means that the carrier logo you choose will be the same carrier logo you see even when roaming. For me, since I travel a lot and it is important to know which carrier I am on, I didn't install it.

HOWEVER, as with the Rogers user, it annoyed me that the carrier name was too long for the screen and only the first 3 letter appeared with "..." I wanted to change this at least. What I did was change the font size through a Hex editor and now though my carrier logo still says the name of my carrier, at least the whole name appears

the springboard i downloaded is a file and the other 0ne a directory so it wont let me upload.nvm
    Last edited by nolan666; 2007-10-14 at 10:15 PM.

ok i live in canada. i have fido sim card but on my iphone it still says Rogers wireless. obviously coz rogers owns fido. but the thing is whenever i use customize.app application to change rogers wireless text in the corner with any other carrier it doesn't change anything. plz help changing this f...... rogers wireless carrier.

Thanks

ok nvm it works great for me now haha
     Think Different

ok guys i can confirm that the springboard file that brodie01 has given is working flawlessly. thks for that now i can change any carrier logo. thks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kapildevn15 View Post
    ok guys i can confirm that the springboard file that brodie01 has given is working flawlessly. thks for that now i can change any carrier logo. thks.
    yeap I was so happy when I got that file in and got it working
     Think Different

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kapildevn15 View Post
    ok i live in canada. i have fido sim card but on my iphone it still says Rogers wireless. obviously coz rogers owns fido. but the thing is whenever i use customize.app application to change rogers wireless text in the corner with any other carrier it doesn't change anything. plz help changing this f...... rogers wireless carrier.
    If you are using Firmware 1.0.2 download the springboard binary I included in this thread. You can then use Customize to change the carrier image. I can make you a Fido carrier icon if you want. I already made a Rogers one. (in the downloads section)

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    yeap I was so happy when I got that file in and got it working
    Is the one Brodie01 provided for 1.1.1? Where can we get it?
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-15 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

can also confirm that brodies file worked 100% for me also.. Can be found on first page..

DJBBOY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    If you are using Firmware 1.0.2 download the springboard binary I included in this thread. You can then use Customize to change the carrier image. I can make you a Fido carrier icon if you want. I already made a Rogers one. (in the downloads section)

Is the one Brodie01 provided for 1.1.1? Where can we get it?
    nah the one u gave it brotha I'm still running on 1.0.2
     Think Different

I have completed all the steps above and now my iphone is not starting at all ... any ideas ??!??! .. please ..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moetazthabet View Post
    I have completed all the steps above and now my iphone is not starting at all ... any ideas ??!??! .. please ..
    The iPhone is likely working, but Springboard may not be running, inwhich case, nothing will happen. You should still be able to SSH into the iPhone or SFTP to it. Make sure the Springboard binary (inside the Springboard.app) has the permissions 755 (or +x).

I have te same problem .. but copying back the original files id not help .. any ideas ?

i can see the phone with the iphone disk but how can i edit it ?
    Last edited by moetazthabet; 2007-10-16 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moetazthabet View Post
    i can see the phone with the iphone disk but how can i edit it ?
    Can you SSH to the phone? Once in, you'd type:

#> cd /System/Applications/Springboard.app
    #> chmod +x Springboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast