Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with changing status bar

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default help with changing status bar
    Anyone have any idea why my status bar theme does not apply when I'm in an application?

my home screen

then once in any app:

black status bar is gone as well as custom wi-fi icon

Are you talking about the Wifi signal? That is because there should be two sets of icons for everything in the status bar. Default and FSO each as a prefix.

Example: For the wifi signal icons there should be a set "Default_#_AirPort.png" and "FSO_#_AirPort.png". Default is for the black status bar and FSO is for the white one (I believe).
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

theguy386 (2009-07-11)

im trying to change the the white status bar to black. any idea how to do that?

Go to "/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/" and duplicate FSO_BG.png and replace Default_BG.png with it. You would also need to replace everything else that begins with Default with the FSO equivalent.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

BabaAsheri (2011-01-12)

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I downloaded a theme and it's almost perfect except when I go into an App the text in the status bar is replaced by shadows only. I believe this is due to the fact that the status bar is black in the theme but the default value of black text with shadow (on a white status bar) is left. On the home/App screen it is fine, and even during phone calls, but in any app the text is almost invisible. I've been trying to figure out what I should modify a plist to fix this since everything else is working perfectly.

Any help you could lend would be greatly appreciated!

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

just like the guy before yo usaid you have to replace all the Default.png s with the FSO.png s in /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app you can either do it through winterboard so that way you don't have to back up all the other pics or you can actualy replace them if you do that you should back up the other pictures first

How would I do this through Winterboard?

Thanks

first copy the FSO_BG.png from the folder i told you in the last post then go into your theme put a folder in it called Bundles in that folder make one called com.apple.springboard and in that folder you put the image in and have it be names Default_BG.png themes.xxxx/yourtheme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/Default_BG.png

i'll just upload it for you on here unless you want to do it all yourself but i alreayd did this so i have the image
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

loknesss (2009-09-20)

I've done all that. The look of the status bar (the color/appearance of the bar) remains the same (which is the way I want it). The only problem is that somewhere there is a plist I need to change a string from default (i.e. black text) to white text. Other than that the status bar is fine (the color of the bar is what I want, but all I see is a shadow since the bar color is black and the text is also black from the normal status bar settings where the bar would be gray)

Thanks

oh i see i know what you mean i am pretty sure i know what you need to do, not exactly but i know how it would be i just need to mess with what i have for a bit and i don't have time right now i have to leave to work in 10 minutesbut after work i'll see what i can do

Thanks man. I'm sorry if I'm not describing the problem correctly, but basically all the .PNGs are correct, the only problem is the text in the status bar (for the time, not for battery %) is black and thus doesn't show up on the black bar (it is fine on the normal status bar, which is gray/silver). When I'm in the home menu the text in the status bar is white and works perfectly, but in Apps the black text is invisible and all I can see is the shadow. I think this is the "Solid" status bar (i.e. if I go into winterboard and turn on the option to always have solid status bar on then on the home screen the text is black like it is in apps).

...does that clear things up or did I make it more confusing?

Thanks

yeah i knew aht you meant and i just figured out how dumb i was taht i dind't htink of this fix haha i was thinking of a different thing to try to fix it but here take this info.plist put it in your theme not in a Bundles or anything jsut in the theme that you are turning on but fist you must edit it unfortunately all i know right now is the time part but i will try to figure out the batter percent and stuff if you have that i don't know what the lik eno service and locked sim and stuff how to fix that but take this and change the time part where it says color change it to whatever white's number is #ffffff is what it is and you can get rid of the rest of the stuff unless you want it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prateeko View Post
    Thanks man. I'm sorry if I'm not describing the problem correctly, but basically all the .PNGs are correct, the only problem is the text in the status bar (for the time, not for battery %) is black and thus doesn't show up on the black bar (it is fine on the normal status bar, which is gray/silver). When I'm in the home menu the text in the status bar is white and works perfectly, but in Apps the black text is invisible and all I can see is the shadow. I think this is the "Solid" status bar (i.e. if I go into winterboard and turn on the option to always have solid status bar on then on the home screen the text is black like it is in apps).

...does that clear things up or did I make it more confusing?
    For the time add this to your theme's info.plist:
    Code:
    <key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>color: white; text-shadow: 0px 1px 1.5px transparent</string>
    That will make your time stay white in/out of apps and it won't have that shadow around it.

As for the battery % it's not so easy. I talked to BigBoss (dev for SBSettings), because I thought it had to deal with SBSettings, but I was wrong. He told me that the battery % was a part of the springboard and all SBSettings does is enables it. So I dug through my phone and found them. There are a total of 44 images for the battery % (for both Default and FSO). In order to keep them the same the Default and FSO images will be the same (just like you did for the signal bars, wifi, etc.). These are the battery % file names:
    Default_Percent_%.png Default_PercentLow_%.png
    Default_Percent_0.png Default_PercentLow_0.png
    Default_Percent_1.png Default_PercentLow_1.png
    Default_Percent_2.png Default_PercentLow_2.png
    Default_Percent_3.png Default_PercentLow_3.png
    Default_Percent_4.png Default_PercentLow_4.png
    Default_Percent_5.png Default_PercentLow_5.png
    Default_Percent_6.png Default_PercentLow_6.png
    Default_Percent_7.png Default_PercentLow_7.png
    Default_Percent_8.png Default_PercentLow_8.png
    Default_Percent_9.png Default_PercentLow_9.png

Note: For the rest of the files just change Default to FSO.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

So the <key>TimeStyle</key>
    <string>color: white; text-shadow: 0px 1px 1.5px transparent</string>" in the info.plist of the theme's fodler (Pre-Tend) worked perfectly and made the text white (time, which included free mem and date) in and out of apps. The ATT sign remains black inside apps, but I don't care about that. My battery% has always been white, so I'm not sure if anything needs to be fiddled with there.

New problems though
    1) If I go into an app and come out, the status bar disappears from the top! All text, battery icon, etc is gone. I cannot even get into SBSettings by fingerswiping at the top. I have to lock the phone (top button) and bring it back.

2) Before I changed the plist's TimeTextStyle I noticed the text (carrier logo and time/date/mem) were black OUTSIDE of apps (i.e. home screen). I may have changed a StatusBarStyle value (it may have been 0 by default and I may have changed it to 1/2 ala the solid status bar theme in Winterboard, I also remember the valu 103 - this plist should be in coreservices/springboard.app).

Not sure what the fixes are for these problems, but I definitely feel like I'm getting closer to perfecting the status bar.

Thanks

alright so the att thing is an image so you have to change that and you can actualy change it to any image you want also for your first problem the reason is you changed the statusbar style value i've messed with that and that's what happened to me too so if you take that off or fix it back to how it was normaly you'll be golden

How can you change the text at the top of the status bar for an ipod touch to the right of the Wifi signal?? Is that possible?