Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Themeing application

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Themeing application
    Hello members of ModMyi, I need your assistance. I've recently discovered themes on the iPhone and I have found one I love. I've themed out my springboard and SBSettings and my gpSPhone skins. I want start themeing applications such as the Weather app and Calculator but I'm not sure how to do this. Here is my themed Weather App concept tell me what you think.

47 Views and no response yet; this doesn't look good.
    Last edited by Ryan.Schaefer; 2009-07-09 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think it looks pretty cool. The only thing I would change is those diagonal lines in the background. I would rather go with a solid color.

So you're going make your own theme, or are you just compiling parts from other peoples? I'm going to try to do a bit of both with my next theme.

Not sure where to find good information on creating themes. It's kind of hit&miss if you ask me -- there are lots of tutorials out there for OS 2, but I guess more time is needed for OS 3.0 tuts to make their way out there. It's even kind of tough to 'google it' because a lot of times I'm not sure exactly what to search for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When I had my iPhone 3G I found a theme I loved but the developer never updated it and had only the stock application icons. I've been inspired by that theme to create a complete theme for all the stock applications and maybe some popular applications. The problem is I don't know how to edit the stock applications. I've created themes for the Springboard, SBSettings and gpSPhone because they're easy. You can see them here in my other topic [PREVIEW[ ReText ReDone

Well,

This is what I've done and it has worked so far. I just download a theme for whatever I want to change. In your case weather and then I change the image files.

The weather themes still work with 3.0. So you should be fine. Nice theme btw

Nice. You're good at this! I've only been modding for about a week or so. Head over to here to see my Tron theme. Any tips, crits, or suggestions are welcome!

I know what it is that bothers me about the diagonals; it looks like static! Like from an old television.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Galaxygrrl I'll download another weather theme and modify it to make it my own, but I would like to make a complete theme meaning Springboard, SBSettings, and all the stock applications.

@Jahooba I'll check out your theme when I get home from work. I'll also make the background without the lines and see how that looks.