Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: icons that wont change

Default icons that wont change
    sorry because this is probably an easy fix. im trying to use the iNav theme that's on Cydia. The icons that won't switch are the SMS and Camera icons.
    Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Ensure that the SMS icon is called Messages and that the camera icon is Camera. The .png can be left on.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

That's because the SMS icon name in 3.0 has changed and the theme hasn't been updated for 3.0.

Here's what you do. SSH into your phone into /var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/iNav Beta.theme/Icons and rename Text.png to Messages.png

The xxxxx's are different for every phone.

The camera icon is probably something similar, but I don't know the name of it. I'll try to come up with it soon.

Edit: Blast! Foiled again!
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Sweet! I got the Messages one to work. I don't know what alternative there is for the Camera, though...

I have a question similar to the poster:

i've downloaded various icon theme sets via WinSCP to my phone, and they show up on my winterboard. I've rebooted the phone so the new icon would take effect. I select the icon set via winterboard, but they don't change. No matter what icon set I've downloaded, all I get are the original 3G icons. What am I doing wrong?