Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie question; so it will be easy to answer!

Thanks

Default Newbie question; so it will be easy to answer!
    Hello members of ModMyi, I need your assistance. I've recently jailbroke my iPhone 3GS using Purplera1n which worked wonderfully. I've installed a couple applications from Cydia to make my iPhone myPhone (haha). One of which is Winterboard which has been working great so far but I'm having trouble getting a couple icons to apply.

I've downloaded the ReText; but it's missing a couple icons. The developer provided the .psd for the icons so I can easily make the icons myself. From what I understand I make the file name the application name. Here are the steps I took to creating the icons. I've taken a couple screen shots to give you a better picture.

You can see in the picture below that my SMS icon hasn't applied.

Applications>MobileSMS.app

Library>Themes>ReText>MobileSMS.png

I've created .png files for every application I have and some have worked and some haven't.

If they arent working you didnt name them properly....

For example, the SMS app is supposed to be named "Messages.png" in 3.0, not MobileSMS.png

The easiest way to figure out what to name them is to turn themes off and look at the label under the icon, name your icon the same as its label exactly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

FUKRIAA (2009-07-08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    If they arent working you didnt name them properly....

For example, the SMS app is supposed to be named "Messages.png" in 3.0, not MobileSMS.png

The easiest way to figure out what to name them is to turn themes off and look at the label under the icon, name your icon the same as its label exactly.
    *Thanked*

You sir are a great man!