Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you change T-Mobile Carrier Logo?

Default How do you change T-Mobile Carrier Logo?
    I have an iphone 3g running 3.0, T-Mobile. I have been trying to figure out how to change the carrier logo, not just changing the text through make it mine, but the image. I have tried everthing, from creating theme through winterboard or changing through carier bundle through ssh. Nothing seems to work. I'm sure there are others out there who have figured this out but even searching the forum and youtubE I can't find a solution. Please Help!

I use DiskAid to change my carrier logo, etc. Easier than SSH. Put it under YourThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.ATT_US

I use DiskAid to change my carrier logo, etc. Easier than SSH. Put the carrier logo images under YourThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.ATT_US and upload it to your iPhone with DiskAid.
    Last edited by Katalyst29; 2009-07-06 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Katalyst29 View Post
    I use DiskAid to change my carrier logo, etc. Easier than SSH. Put it under YourThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.ATT_US

I use DiskAid to change my carrier logo, etc. Easier than SSH. Put the carrier logo images under YourThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.ATT_US and upload it to your iPhone with DiskAid.
    But I don't use ATT, instead T-Mobile USA. Whould it still work fro t-mobile? Also I'n not quite sure how to use diskaid.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by isanta View Post
    But I don't use ATT, instead T-Mobile USA. Whould it still work fro t-mobile? Also I'n not quite sure how to use diskaid.
    What the OP was referring to is, that is the file location and the name used for it if your going to replace it.
    There is tons of videos on You Tube about how to use DiskAid and also on their forum they have help available.
    Really simply to use. You will find it to be a great tool to use in customizing your iPhone.
    If your have a PC, you can use WinScp or iPhoneBrowser tools to accomplish the same thing.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-07-06 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    What the OP was referring to is, that is the file location and the name used for it if your going to replace it.
    There is tons of videos on You Tube about how to use DiskAid and also on their forum they have help available.
    Really simply to use. You will find it to be a great tool to use in customizing your iPhone.
    If your have a PC, you can use WinScp or iPhoneBrowser tools to accomplish the same thing.
    i know i usually use winscp. The problem is I from the USA so i had to unlock to use t-mobile. Therefore t-mobile usa is not in carrier bundles when I ssh. Whether I use disk aid or winscp doesn't make a difference, becuase the t-mobile bundle doesn't exist. Correct me if I'm wrong. I sure there is some way to change it anyway but I have yet to find someone who has done it on 3.0, most of the articles on the forum are for older firmwares.

still no solution for this issue?

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

for t-mobile you replace the images in TMobile_Germany.bundle they wil be called Default_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png and FSO_CARRIER_TMOBILE.png