Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UIImages keybroads on 3.0

Default UIImages keybroads on 3.0
    Has anybody found a solution to using uiimage custom keyboards on 3.0 firmware sorry if theres a post already on this subject i couldn't find one so i made one

Thanks
    Not yet, still working on it.

Well, it looks like barsoverbeats has a working keyboard skin:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-ski...eview-pro.html

but he isn't sharing how it works. I guess we'll have to be patient.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

I would love to skin my keyboard, but I would prefer to ssh it in myself. I do not want WB slowing down my phone.

can u skin the keyboard yet? i made a whole keyboard with uiimages2.0 and put it on my touch to find out nothing happenes

Nope were still waiting on some1 to help us lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo FBB For This Useful Post:

gollyzila99 (2009-07-21)

Thanks

i dont think bars had found a way to work it out, i think it was just a mock up of what it would be like when the feature is available

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

gollyzila99 (2009-07-21)

do u think winterboard needs to be updated? or is it the firmware

bars has told me that as soon as winterboard is updated his keyboard will be rolled out so one can only assume that winterboard needs updated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

but dinozambas from youtube has it. check out his vid on unlocking!

Quote Originally Posted by owais123 View Post
    but dinozambas from youtube has it. check out his vid on unlocking!
    Dinozamba is using firmware below 3.0. look at his text messaging icon it is the 2.0 icon.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to verdemano For This Useful Post:

matthew1111 (2009-11-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^+1

argh, pretty sure none of the UIimages work, somebody make sure to post here when it is updated cuz i dont have wifi and i'll hafta get it manually

Winterboard needs to be updated. Until then, if you can find where the keyboard images are located in the file system, you'd have to change them manually.

Does anybody even know where they are? I've been searching through the file system on my 3GS for a while and can't find where they're located :-(

there in a .artwork file i believe, that is why u needed to download the uiimages zip in the first place :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't understand why NOONE can find this to manually change this via SSH...

anyone know of a mac app to extract .framework or .artwork files SUCCESSFULLY for 3.0?

i tried a few different ones i've found for previous iPhone OS's but, none worked for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    i don't understand why NOONE can find this to manually change this via SSH...

anyone know of a mac app to extract .framework or .artwork files SUCCESSFULLY for 3.0?

i tried a few different ones i've found for previous iPhone OS's but, none worked for me
    there is a program that extracts the keyboard.artwork files so you can change them manually....but the problem is that apple changed the way that the files are accessed on the phone.....people are thinking that they must be cached somewhere....noone has found the change yet

in previous iPhone OS when you changed the artwork images and imported them back in the keyboards would change no problem... but like i said something has changed in the way that the phone gets the images ....and before winterboard was created unpacking and repacking the .artwork files were the only way...

im sure sooner or later someone will find it

search for iphoneshop3.0 by massimo23, it will export and import the .artwork images for you....(the thread is actually in the section scroll down and youll see it)

ive used it with no problems...but the images dont change for me like they did in previous firmwares
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice9812 For This Useful Post:

PSYC0TIC ONE (2009-07-16), Turd-Slicer (2009-07-15)

Ice9812 is correct. While it is possible to extract and recompress artwork files, the modified files do not seem to take effect. As I wrote in the other thread about iPhoneShop, the big question is whether we are actually modifying the artwork files correctly. The Keyboard-Latin.artwork file is 17 MB in size. Extracting the pngs results in a folder of 1.7 MB. What else is in that artwork file? A duplicate set of keyboards?
    Come visit AlohaSoft

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (2009-07-16), PSYC0TIC ONE (2009-07-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice9812 View Post
    there is a program that extracts the keyboard.artwork files so you can change them manually....but the problem is that apple changed the way that the files are accessed on the phone.....people are thinking that they must be cached somewhere....noone has found the change yet

in previous iPhone OS when you changed the artwork images and imported them back in the keyboards would change no problem... but like i said something has changed in the way that the phone gets the images ....and before winterboard was created unpacking and repacking the .artwork files were the only way...

im sure sooner or later someone will find it

search for iphoneshop3.0 by massimo23, it will export and import the .artwork images for you....(the thread is actually in the section scroll down and youll see it)

ive used it with no problems...but the images dont change for me like they did in previous firmwares
    i found that thread minutes after posting here, downloaded it but, i was WAY too tired to try anything... I'm at work now but, when i get home, after i wash my car i'll play around with it...

i wasn't knocking anyone by saying what i did earlier, about how noone could figure it out... i just find it strange that EVERYTHING else can be skinned but the keyboard *shrug*...

i don't know much about this, i haven't even had an iPhone for a month yet... wait, a little more than a month, i'm SLOWLY learning my way around the file system...

i appreciate your response Ice, and will be giving iPhoneShop a run for its money this evening!!!

Thanks submitted!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PSYC0TIC ONE For This Useful Post:

Ice9812 (2009-07-16)

Good Luck! I am really looking forward to seeing neo Tech Dark Keyboard for 3.0!
    Use the "Thank you" option if someone helped you solve your problems!

Migrated from Windows Mobile to iPhone 3G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast