Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UIImages keybroads on 3.0

I'm looking forward to some 1 doing a blackberry keyboard for 3.0

I checked the keyboard file, analized it and the images tha the iphoneshop extracts are the only ones present in the Keyboard-latin file.
    It is wrong to assume that the size between the sum of all the extracted png files and the artwork file are similar.
    For example if we take the image "kb-std-url-alt-transparent.png", which is 320x216 in dimension, we have the png extracted is only 15.7 Kb while the png in the artwork file is actually 44 Kb
    Why? Because every pixel in the artwork file uses 4 bytes so if we do some maths: 320x216x4 = 44 kb
    So at the end the artwork file is a lot bigger than the sum of all the images extracted.
    remember that png images are compressed too.
    Apple have changed the way it processes the keyboard images...hopefully we will sort it out!!!
    Last edited by massimo23; 2009-07-18 at 03:54 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to massimo23 For This Useful Post:

matthew1111 (2009-11-06)

Massimo, I have the suspicion that there are more keyboards in another file. So I first deleted the Latin file, rebooted and keyboards still worked fine. I then deleted the Common file and that removed the globe key for multiple keyboards, but otherwise the keyboard remained functional.

There is another interesting file in the same folder as the keyboards and it's called "UIKit". When I delete that file, apps crash, so there is no way telling whether or not it holds keyboards. It's 11 MB and has portions that look like images to me. Can you take a look at that file?
    Come visit AlohaSoft

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Massimo, I have the suspicion that there are more keyboards in another file. So I first deleted the Latin file, rebooted and keyboards still worked fine. I then deleted the Common file and that removed the globe key for multiple keyboards, but otherwise the keyboard remained functional.

There is another interesting file in the same folder as the keyboards and it's called "UIKit". When I delete that file, apps crash, so there is no way telling whether or not it holds keyboards. It's 11 MB and has portions that look like images to me. Can you take a look at that file?
    armadillo....when i was messing around awhile back trying to find the emoji names ....saurik told me to run a strings command on the UIKit file and it would dump a bunch of information from it ...i saved it to a text file ill send it to you if you want it...i dont know what any of the stuff means.....but its from 2.2.1 ..i never got it to work on 3.0...let me know
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

New UIImages Download (includes keyboads.):

Link

To use existing keyboard themes, rename them to the new 3.0 ones.
    Last edited by wyndwarrior; 2009-07-21 at 09:50 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

@Wyndwarrior, exactly what files do you rename? Do you have them working?

Quote Originally Posted by PSYC0TIC ONE View Post
    @Wyndwarrior, exactly what files do you rename? Do you have them working?
    Rename the old keyboard images to the new ones.

The names you provide are the same as those that iPhoneShop gives. They are the same as those we already had in FW 2.0. Still, the keyboards with those names do not work in WinterBoard. Neither do the modified artwork files.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

So we still can't change our keyboard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm interested in the evolution of your researches. My keyboards do not work either in 3.0 and it is
    I read many pages without finding anything. I hope that it will soon be found.

the Uikit file contains information of the size, start position and name of the images in the artwork files Latin/Common/Other and Emoji.
    That is how i am able to quickly find thoese images using the Uikit file. Studying the Uikit there is more information stored than the last Uikit from 2.2.1.

I found this info from KennyTm:
    http://networkpx.blogspot.com/
    The images could probably be stored in the Uikit file itself it seems which is why the uikit file is a lot larger than the last version.
    Last edited by massimo23; 2009-07-26 at 03:38 PM.

Okay so it looks like you are not even trying to figure out what people have done to get custom keyboards on 3.0. You could have read the sticky post in this very section to find out that there are ways to skin the keyboard. They're just not the same as those on FW 2.x. Take a look at your options here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-th...ng-fw-3-x.html
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12